Ladies and Gentlemen

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What should he say? The Israelis should drop MORE bombs on Lebanon?

Which I think is 2 1/2 more days than the Bush administration has worked on the issue.

hey, condi is on top of it (albeit a week late). this time at least bush's cohorts have a plan. once all of hamas and hezbolla are dead, we'll ask israel to declare a cease fire. that's more than we can say about iraq.

It just astounds me that after Dean's spectacular meltdown into what appeared to be complete insanity, that the Dem's thought, "Hey, we should make this dude our main spokesman!" Then again, I was all for him for quite a while. Same for Wesley Clark. Well, Clark I was into for about 2 months... five minutes of which was after he actually started talking and making a total jackass of himself. He looked like the greatest candidate of all time on paper. Too bad we can't just keep our politicians on paper.

Even still, Howard Dean's paper would probably say, "WWWRRRAAAAGGGHHRRRRRR!!!!!!!!11!!"

hezbolla was contained when clinton was actually inviting the combatants to dayton to sit down and work shit out instead of blowing shit up. that said, clinton wasn't tenacious enough for the task after rabin's assassination. shit fell apart and bush didn't even try to fix it.

Nevertheless, Howard Dean is full of shit. You can still be a good "liberal" without buying every bit of partisan bullshit they try to sell you.

Actually THAT is complete bullshit....

LouieB

I am absolutely certain that had Gore or Kerry been elected, there would be world peace, cancer would have been cured, aids would have been wiped out and sean and I would be on tour buying people cokes and leading the people in song.

Actually THAT is complete bullshit....

The part about Howard Dean being full of shit? Yes, that's bullshit. He's a bit of a hothead and sometimes his mouth gets a little ahead of his brain, but he's a damn good man.

The part about being a good liberal "without buying every bit of partisan bullshit they try to sell you"? That's one of the few things ikol's been right about. It works on the other side of the aisle too.

never met him. aren't we mature enough at this point to admit that we can't judge the character of public figures by what image they put forth?

What are you saying? That I couldn't possibly know that he's a damn good man? That I'm somehow immature?

I have met him, by the way.

I don't think my statement was particularly obtuse. if you chose to take it as a personal affront run with it dude.

No, actually, I agree with your statement. I merely question why you quoted my post when making it. What I said didn't really have much to do with what you said.

oh, you said he's a good man. in truth I don't think we're in a position to judge that. all these politicans have a team of people who get paid big bucks to make sure we think they're good men. that's all. marketeers and PR gurus run our political system.

oh, you said he's a good man. in truth I don't think we're in a position to judge that. all these politicans have a team of people who get paid big bucks to make sure we think they're good men. that's all. marketeers and PR gurus run our political system.

No disagreement, again. But I've met Dean, I've talked with Dean, and if anything, his electability problems in 2004 stemmed from the lack of marketeers and PR gurus. That, and a single moment that played really badly on TV and that lots of people have been making way too much out of ever since. If you want to talk about being "mature," how about levelling that cannon toward the people who can't separate Dean from "the scream"?

If you want to talk about being "mature," how about levelling that cannon toward the people who can't separate Dean from "the scream"?

umm no cannon dude. i just think it's all pretty equiavlant actually. I don't think we can judge the character of people we don't really know.

Guest ScottHoward

Two people very close to me have both met Bill Clinton and spoken to him for a couple minutes.

Person #1 (a Dem) - "What a great guy. One of the sincerest, nicest people I've ever had the pleasure of meeting."

Person #2 (a Rep) - "That guy is evil. I could see the look in his eye. Pure evil. Now I know that he had former Commerce Sect. Ron Brown shot down."