I have never heard anyone ever mention this band/album, besides the very famous single "There she goes". I think this album is a classic, and harkens back to the days of the Beatles more than any band that gets compared to them (Oasis, Wilco with Summerteeth, etc). (I suppose the Redwalls perhaps sound more like the beatles than the La's, but not in an entirely positive way).

Anyone else here heard/like this album?

If not, check it out, its really good!

"Son of a Gun", "I can't Sleep", and "Feelin'" are all very short, very poppy songs that are some of my favorites on the album, but like you say, There She Goes is probably the best and so damned catchy and good.

I'll second the 'good album but There She Goes is probably the best thing on there' comment. The whole thing is a great listen and it was the one band my younger sister and I could agree on during the 'Great Morrisey/Smiths vs. The Replacements Debate of 1991' that almost tore the Dunham household apart at the seams.

:lol "There She Goes" wins hands-down for Song Most Inappropriately Used in Advertising Campaigns.

I refuse to believe that Madison Avenue is too stupid to realize what the song is really about, which only makes me wonder "what the hell are they thinking?"

i have the album as well and think it's one of the great albums of the 90s...i think the leadman, Lee Mavers?, is pretty cooky and went into seclusion shortly after the album's release...i think i remember reading he hated the finished product. seems like a perfectionist, the type that leaves one debilitated to a certain extent...there have been 'sightings' throughout the years, and rumors of another release, but nothing yet...