Magical Mystery Tour

all the Beatles records????...that's alot of records..in alot of different formats.

LouieB

At least from "Rubber Soul" on, everyone should have.

This is one of three albums that changed my life. The other two were OK Computer and A Love Supreme. I think this one is far better than Pepper's, but that's just my opinion. It's a much easier album to listen to from start to finish, whereas I get bored with Pepper's. Every single song is instantly recognizable, and every single song is a wonderful listen even as a stand-alone. Plus, no Ringo singing, no Carnival-posters-used-as-lyrics, and no caliope (I only liked it in Mr. Blue Sky, but then again, I worship Jeff Lynne). It's amazing.

I mean all of the official studio albums of course.

The British or American versions? On CD or vinyl? In stereo or mono?

I don't have Rubber Soul yet :unsure

That is actually very high up in my list of favs. It seems to me to catch them at the very pinnacle of simple effortless brilliance (Revolver being just the other side of that cusp), from the sing-a-longs (the best for my nasal harmonising) to In My Life. Of course there are times when I appreciate more the complexities of following stuff, but this one keeps coming back to entertain.

That is actually very high up in my list of favs. It seems to me to catch them at the very pinnacle of simple effortless brilliance (Revolver being just the other side of that cusp), from the sing-a-longs (the best for my nasal harmonising) to In My Life. Of course there are times when I appreciate more the complexities of following stuff, but this one keeps coming back to entertain.

you're right. Rubber Soul is the gateway to their progressive sound and even Brian Wilson has sited it as being a big influence in the making of Pet Sounds. why I don't have it, I really don't know...

You just lost whatever little credence you had with me.

Hey, it was proven in the Australia tour of '65? '66? that you can have the Beatles without Ringo. Granted, that was only for a month or so, but still no Ringo.

For my 13th birthday I had one of those parties where you invite everyone in your class so you get more presents. One of my gifts was "Kill 'Em All", fitingly enough the kid who was a high strung adopted kid who I had actually known since the age of 5, later he had a meltdown and reportedly pulled a knife on his family, after he found out he was something like 3-4 years older than his folks had told him. Additionally intresting was the house he grew up in was part of the underground railroad and had secret tunnels dug between the cellars.

Anyway I noticed that it had the sticker from Meijer's (Thrifty Acres). I didn't have the recipt, but that didn't stop me from getting up at 8am the mornign after my party, getting on my BMX and doing an exchange. After alot of hemming and hawing at the Customer Service desk, they gave me the green light. I picked out MMT because having store credit justified buying a tape that only had 5 tracks I didn't already have on the Blue Album. The rest of that summer I spent alot of time digging these rarer tunes Blue Jay Way, Flying etc.

Thats the story and yeah If you don't own the entire Beatles catalog in any format you should probably identify yourself now. I won't think (much) lesser of you or question your posts. But its best we out you now.

Cassius

I don't have Rubber Soul yet :unsure

It's a great record. Buy it and play it on your next trip up to the Catskills.