Magical Mystery Tour

I just added this to my Beatles CD collection and remembered how much I loved this record when I was a kid. I still love it. I put it on the stereo Saturday and my husband and I were singing along to each song. it's a truly good record, even though many of the songs are b-sides and the movie sucked. I think it's even a bit more psychedelic than Sgt. Peppers.

please discuss.

A fine album.

I just added this to my Beatles CD collection and remembered how much I loved this record when I was a kid. I still love it. I put it on the stereo Saturday and my husband and I were singing along to each song. it's a truly good record, even though many of the songs are b-sides and the movie sucked. I think it's even a bit more psychedelic than Sgt. Peppers.

please discuss.

Great Great GREAT album, I like all the songs, especially the little played "Flying".

The movie, I think, is a nice timecapsule of what the Beatles thought was cool back then, even if it does suck. I think the John-shovels-spaghetti-onto-ringos-moms-plate dream sequence is really funny. And the I am the walrus video is a classic. Also, there would be no Death Cab for Cutie without this movie, I'll leave it up to the reader to decide if thats good or bad.

I think the John-shovels-spaghetti-onto-ringos-moms-plate dream sequence is really funny.

I used to stare at that picture in the book-album and wonder what the hell was in that spaghetti! disgusting :yucky

I think it's even a bit more psychedelic than Sgt. Peppers.

At the risk of sounding blasphemous,I think it's better than Pepper....at least I dig it more

At the risk of sounding blasphemous,I think it's better than Pepper....at least I dig it more
It doesn't hold together as well as an entire album, but some of the individual songs are certainly better than many of the individual songs on Sgt. Pepper, I am with you on that.

LouieB

the original vinyl ep is a bit lacking, although i do like magical mystery tour and blue jay way. however, the cd is great as it's got baby, you're a rich man on it, which is my all time favourite beatles track ever! i've never seen the film although, seeing as how it's got ivor cutler in it, it must be pretty good.

The movie use to be up on Google Video - I don't think it is anymore. I am sure it is out there to be had somewhere. I have seen it many times - the public library here where I live has it on VHS. This was considered there first failure in a way - and was really the start of Paul trying to take over. Magical Mystery Tour was his idea - his rip-off of Ken Kesey and The Merry Pranksters bit, really. How is it that everyone does not own all The Beatle albums already?

This was the very first CD I purchased. Damn fine album, Fool on the Hill is probably my favorite cut from the soundtrack side and everything on side two is killer. I have never consumed enough (or any) psychadelics to even begin to wrap my head around the film, but the I am the Walrus sequence is pretty cool.

--Mike

The movie use to be up on Google Video - I don't think it is anymore. I am sure it is out there to be had somewhere. I have seen it many times - the public library here where I live has it on VHS. This was considered there first failure in a way - and was really the start of Paul trying to take over. Magical Mystery Tour was his idea - his rip-off of Ken Kesey and The Merry Pranksters bit, really. How is it that everyone does not own all The Beatle albums already?

it's available on dvd in the uk (don't know about the rest of the world) i've just never thought about buying it.

I've always loved this album, although I'm not that crazy about Blue Jay Way. I'd rank I Am The Walrus right up with A Day In The Life and Strawberry Fields Forever as among John Lennon's best.

very true. I learned a long time ago...that Strawberry Fields is 2 versions of the song spliced together by George Martin. it's amazing what George M did with their music. they couldn't have developed this sound without him.

Great songs on that album.

Nice collection.

Some of John's best.

I am The Walrus, Strawberry Fields, Baby, You're Your A Rich Man,

All You Need Is Love.

The demos and rehearsals of Strawberry Fields are great.

Not just what we got on Anthology v2 but the other stuff available on bootlegs.

worth seeking.

Couple cute Paul songs too.

(Paul wrote cute songs :P )

Blue Jay Way is a great George song.

"Please don't be long, please don't you be very long....don't be long

don't be long, don't belong

please don't belong"

ivor cutler is in it, which makes the movie 10x more awesome. i love the movie and the album. i have a 70's american LP pressing (as well as the CD). it's not exactly cohesive as a standalone album, but as many have stated, the individual songs are amazing. it's to me one of the lesser beatles albums, on par with Let It Be or something,which is still an incredible album,but not exactly as good as Abbey Road which is my personal favorite beatles album. in my opinion Abbey Road is flawless.

I agree with most of what's already been said.

Especially, the

"How is it that everyone does not own all The Beatle albums already?
Well said.