Generic mid-tempo pop.

What happened to the Ryan Adams who made Cold Roses (which wasn't half bad?).

I don't really like it myself either, but I didn't like Rock N' Roll or Love Is Hell, then he released three albums that I really liked, so Ryan Adams hasn't changed at all, he's just doing what he always does - mixing it up a bit. I am sure he'll make something that I like in the future, maybe this next album (bar this track, if it makes it to the album), who knows?

Generic mid-tempo pop.

What happened to the Ryan Adams who made Cold Roses (which wasn't half bad?).

mid-tempo?

pop?

are we hearing the same song, cuz it's absolutely NEITHER of those, especially mid-tempo (unless we're talking Slayer being "uptempo")

Wow, this is surprisingly New-New Wave-y. Just another hat for Ryan to try on, I suppose. I think it's a decent song. Nowhere near as execrable as anything on Rock 'n' Roll (which is about the most forgettable record I've ever heard).

Guest Speed Racer
Burning Photographs is one of Ryan's best songs throughout his entire catalog

Drive 105 is the radio station that plays in our athletic facilities, and during the track season a few years back when RnR came out they played Burning Photographs EVERY DAY at 4:15. Seriously, always 4:15. Can't stand the song now.

On Tuesday mornings since I've been at college they also play Squeeze's 'Tempted' at 6:20, without fail. Sickening.

"oh, its not called france. that was some kind of weird mistake. maybe it was in a secure file called france. i dunno.

its called lovely and blue and its an old chesnut kicked up from the demo box.

not an album tease

holding those cards close to the chest. but you might have heard, bottleg wise or live, a few new things that are being messed with.

they kind of tell you live if they are gonna live on an album or not.

boy do we got alot of recording done though.

more to come too.

some surfing and skateboarding and museum looking and book reading to do first tho. but us cards are not idle. we have been very busy cooking up some strange brew for you in the cold roses JCN camp.

its going further tho.

way fucking further,

and no more darkness. just an open conversation on the mystery of darkness and alot of light.

lots of sweet things to be said.

lots of quiet questions and space freak outs.,

should be a fun time seein what you guys do with all this madeness once it hits your ears,

i hope it hits your heart tho, and maybe even a few souls.

or just sounds good in yr car. whichev."

- ryan

(courtesy of .org)

I don't know if anyone cares, but I've been experimenting with capturing streamed audio. I made an MP3 of this song from my captured stream and uploaded a YSI, if you want it.

I ripped the MP3 at 256 kbps, but it may not be worthy of that bitrate.

What the hell is this? This song is terrible.

Acording to a post by Ryan, this is just as demo he had laying around. NOT new material or anything. That said, I think it rocks! But I liked his Rock and Roll record so what do I know. Anyone catch his set at Lollapolosa?? It was fantastic! The torrent of an ASX file is up at the RyanAdamsArchive.

kinda funny that so many people hate his attempts at rock and then there's others i know who loved RNR and some of his more rock stuff but don't like the twang-y stuff

he can't win sometimes i guess ;)

i happen to love both

I initially dislike everything he does. Then later I figure out that it's probably some of the best stuff I've heard. Cold Roses I hated for months and then finally was like "wow, this is pretty freakin' excellent." Just need some time to let it soak in, I think.

That being said, I think the song on his site rocks.

kinda funny that so many people hate his attempts at rock and then there's others i know who loved RNR and some of his more rock stuff but don't like the twang-y stuff

he can't win sometimes i guess ;)

i happen to love both

i like quite a bit of rocknroll, but im sorta glad to hear this is a demo... i wasn't really feeling it as a song, regardless of style.