One week until Tweedy in Carolina!!

So if anyone remembers the weird ticket mix up during the pre-sale, I'm one one of the lucky ones. I kept trying to get premium but couldn't. Thinking that perhaps all of the premium we're gone I went for what I thought was the next section back. Once I confirmed I realized that I had actually just gotten front row, center stage. As it turned out, the premium seats were quite a few rows back. Very confusing, but I'm glad that it turned out the way that it did. Here's hoping Jeff reads this thread and plays "Long Time ago," from the new Smog. See ya'll there. Take care, Greg

So if anyone remembers the weird ticket mix up during the pre-sale, I'm one one of the lucky ones. I kept trying to get premium but couldn't. Thinking that perhaps all of the premium we're gone I went for what I thought was the next section back. Once I confirmed I realized that I had actually just gotten front row, center stage. As it turned out, the premium seats were quite a few rows back. Very confusing, but I'm glad that it turned out the way that it did. Here's hoping Jeff reads this thread and plays "Long Time ago," from the new Smog. See ya'll there. Take care, Greg

as a fellow richmonder i concur. thats the song i want to see more than any other. I LOVE that song

me!

this is like a dream come true!

:dancing

*Seconded*

I have had three friends already bail on me and finding out tommorrow if my last friend is going to bail or not he said he was 60/40, but I am coming to Raleigh no matter what. Any cool places in Raleigh I ought to check out?

I think it's time for some new friends.

I can relate; I live in Charlotte (2 hr drive) and can't find anyone to go with, and I have 2 tickets! Most commonly heard phrase since I moved here: "Wilco?" (much less Tweedy)... There was hardly a soul out and about last night - Kenny Chesney was playing.... Might have a SEC 200 E seat for someone who needs a "miracle."

*Seconded*

I have had three friends already bail on me and finding out tommorrow if my last friend is going to bail or not he said he was 60/40, but I am coming to Raleigh no matter what. Any cool places in Raleigh I ought to check out?

there's really not much to do around here! if you're into the party scene, it'd be cool to check out glenwood ave. in downtown raleigh, as they have a lot of kickin' clubs and resturants ( go around 10 pm) or if you like shoping, you might wanna check out hillsborough st. in the middle of the ncsu campus, there's a few nice used book stores, head shops, various eateries, etc... around there

plus, there's always the art museum and a few parks around if you feel like relaxing

I'm driving four hours solo. Pretty much a last minute decision but I figured I may not get the chance to see Tweedy solo again.

It looks like I will be driving 9 hours solo (plus lose an hour on the trip due to time change) sans a/c and sans radio/cd player in a car that has an ungodly amount of miles on it. I am actually getting another car but not till my friend moves to Brooklyn in September. This is like the 5th time I had planned to see a Tweedy show the other 4 times plans fell through I am going to make this one happen come hell or high water.

Well, now I don't feel like a loser going alone! Actually, I went solo to the Florence, MA show and met cool people. Come to think of it, I have always met good people at Wilco shows.....I haven't noticed, what time does the show start?

Sadly, Lilac Rain, the hubby and I are not going to be there. We just couldn't make it happen this time around. I didn't even tell Lilac Rain about the solo tour; I just couldn't break it to her that she couldn't go. There's always next time...

Have fun in Raleigh, everyone!!! Here's to safe trips and a wonderful night of music! :cheers (btw, that's frothy lemonade :) )

I'll be there...does anyone know yet if GA/Lawn tickets are allowed in the orch. pit? I just know i'm gonna get the urge to dance.

Yes, indeed. I spoke to a woman at the venue when I first heard tickets anounced and she explained the premium seats were actually past the the orch. pit because these are the seats where you can see over people's heads in the orch. pit. Lawn is allowed right up front. That way you can jam to "too far apart" right up front. :)

Yes, indeed. I spoke to a woman at the venue when I first heard tickets anounced and she explained the premium seats were actually past the the orch. pit because these are the seats where you can see over people's heads in the orch. pit. Lawn is allowed right up front. That way you can jam to "too far apart" right up front. :)

rock on :cheers

Edited by fletcher