Paris Hilton's new song and video

ok... this nowhere near Push the Button... that song is pop genius.

but its not terrible. the rest of the record is pretty terrible. i'll admit to downloading it out of morbid curiousity... and hoping it would boost my oink ratio... but mostly because i wanted to hear it.

both Promiscious Girl and Maneater are great.

I wouldn't buy it, but I don't think I'd turn it off either like I would with 99% of American pop music, which takes itself way too seriously and has very little 'pop' to it. It's got a similar kind of feel to the Sugababes or Girld Aloud. The video is dog dirt though.

biology

Girls Aloud :wub

I've had a shower this morning, but after watching that I think I need another one...

Paris can't even begin to match their genius...

i'm a huge fan of the well-crafted pop song, but this hurts my ears. xtina's new jam, however...that's some good poop right there.

To me it's like some struttering answer song to Mambo No. 5 or something, but without any kind of enjoyment to it. There is something deeply horrible about her attitude to anything she sings about which I can't put my finger on exactly, but I know it's festering there somewhere.

It would also have been nice to hear her break into You Give A Little Love from Bugsy Malone or something at the end, that would have been a nice touch and redeemed it somewhat - "You give a little love and it all comes back to you / You're gonna be remembered for the things that you say and do!" (but christina doesn't do irony apparently)

Somehow watching the Christina video on Youtube led me to this, which is much better: