Hi just wondering if there were any fans of Todd Rundgren on here I heard the song slut on big star's live cd thought it was really catchy traced it back to Something/Anything by Todd Rundgren and now I can't stop listening to the cd. Are there any other good cd's of his to have, or has anyone seen him in concert?

His early cds are awesome. Check out 'Runt', 'Runt: The Ballad of Todd Rundgren', 'A Wizard, A True Star' and if you can find some of The Nazz (his band, pre-solo days), check that out too.

Not so much of a fan of his newer stuff though...

Todd is brilliant. And sometimes he's not.

If you like Something/Anything (and it is one of the best double albums ever, IMO) ... check out Hermit of Mink Hollow and Faithful . Then Nearly Human and Liars have some excellent moments, but not as good as the earlier work. Actually, I agree with the ratings given at allmusic.com, so definitely check that info out.

theologians-style costumes from the "Liars" tour

178903964.jpg

I am not a big fan of Utopia, however. :hmm

"Todd" is a pretty good one, too. The Nazz albums are all still available on vinyl, so I'd imagine they're on cd, too. Good stuff on those, but you have to suffer through some dull ballads to find the gems. Their song "Loosen Up" is a hilarious parody of "Tighten Up" by Archie Bell and the Drells.

I'm not that into Utopia generally, but their first album, "Todd Rundgren's Utopia" is probably my favorite Rundgren related album.

I like Todd, but none of his albums have ever held my attention all the way through.