YouAmI's Tim Rogers and Beasts of Bourbon's Tex Perkins

OK...my friend Matt Kelley, another serious Wilco fan, is promoting a show that is taking place next week in Fort Wayne, IN. Tim Rogers, the frontman for Australia's legendary You Am I, and his friend Tex Perkins, from the band Beasts of Bourbon, have formed a duo called TNT. They will be playing at a great little club, Columbia Street West, beginning at 9 pm on Wednesday, August 13. Tickets are $5, and Fort Wayne's own (and, in my opinion, best band) The Legendary Trainhoppers will open with an acoustic set I can't do these guys justice like my friend Matt could, so i'll let him do the talking:

So we've started working a wee bit with my favorite band on the planet, You Am I, from Australia. I've loved these guys for years, they're something of an Aussie version of The Replacements

bump!

tex perkins is a god . . . $5! is that a misprint?

nope...that's one thing fort wayne has going for it! everything is fairly inexpensive.

Typo! - This show is Wednesday August 23 (tomorrow), not August 13 as noted in the first post. :blush

So it has not happened yet! :cheers You can still come!

If any of you VC readers out there are coming, just an FYI that Columbia Street serves great sandwiches and salads, you can grab a table and have dinner there while you wait for the show. I mean, it's not like you'll be doing much sight-seeing in Fort Wayne. :lol

Typo! - This show is Wednesday August 23 (tomorrow), not August 13 as noted in the first post. :blush

So it has not happened yet! :cheers You can still come!

If any of you VC readers out there are coming, just an FYI that Columbia Street serves great sandwiches and salads, you can grab a table and have dinner there while you wait for the show. I mean, it's not like you'll be doing much sight-seeing in Fort Wayne. :lol

seriously, i'm a dumbass. please come out, and make sure to say hi to wendy and me!

it's going to be a great show. between this and the dylan show coming up, both in fort wayne, i swear the world is on its last leg.

post-show update:

holy shit...what a show!

do yourselves a favor...nyc, la, austin, and seattle...and hear some great original music, along with witty commentaries and interesting covers.

easily, my fave concert ever in fw, next to maybe the avett brothers this past spring. hopefully, this is a start of something amazing in the live music that comes into town.

180905994.jpg

Here's your fangirls with Tim Rogers (I do look slightly psycho there :ermm but he was making me laugh).

Too much fun tonight. Most of the show, of course, was filled with really beautiful songs with perfect harmonies, but Tim and Tex are hysterically funny. They sang a cover of Rod Stewart's "Tonight's The Night" in which they line-by-line prosecuted the man for a 30-year-old crime (sex with a minor). If you read the lyrics with a suspicious/dirty mind, you'll get it. And their own song called ... *ahem* ... "Cunnilingus" which was very Tenacious D like. :lol

Here's a recent interview with Tim and Tex on Australian TV show, called Dig. Click here ... and they also perform "Half of Nothing" from their new CD here

Isn't he a great guy!

I met him in Cleveland a couple years ago and I don't think there is a more down to earth Rockstar.

Very jealous.

(after the Cleveland show, some uberfan realized that the band was out of money and so took them out for dinner. The thank you was a B-side on one of the deliverance singles called 'Cleveland' and a huge coffeetable book of Australia with a generous check sent in the mail)

I have kicked myself for heading away from that concert and getting an early start on the long drive back. The B-side coulda been called 'Tualla'.

Edited by lizish

Meant to ask, did either of you buy the new CD?

mybetterhalf-big.jpg

if you did, I have the world's biggest collection of YAI b-sides, bonus discs, soundtracks outside of down under to offer in return.

Edited by lizish
Meant to ask, did either of you buy the new CD?

mybetterhalf-big.jpg

if you did, I have the world's biggest collection of YAI b-sides, bonus discs, soundtracks outside of down under to offer in return.

i think matt (our friend, who promoted the show) said that some were on their way here. i'll let you know when we get ahold of one, and, if you don't have it yet, i'd be happy to help you out.

jen

I caught the show at the Mercury Lounge in NYC tonight and they didn't have any merch for sale either. And their luggage woes continued, apparently--none of their guitars and other gear made it on the flight so they played with borrowed instruments.

It was definitely worth checking out. They did the "Tonight's The Night" cover again and "Cunnilingus" reminded me of a Flight of the Conchords song, for those who know who they are. :lol

"Cunnilingus" reminded me of a Flight of the Conchords song, for those who know who they are. :lol

:blink

Which song? "It's Business Time"? "The Most Beautiful Girl"? That one about the park?

By the way, sir, the Conchords are playing three shows in New York City:

Sep 14 2006 8:00P Comix New York NY

Sep 15 2006 8:00P Comix New York NY

Sep 16 2006 8:00P Comix New York NY

:blink

Which song? "It's Business Time"? "The Most Beautiful Girl"? That one about the park?

By the way, sir, the Conchords are playing three shows in New York City:

Sep 14 2006 8:00P Comix New York NY

Sep 15 2006 8:00P Comix New York NY

Sep 16 2006 8:00P Comix New York NY

A little of "It's Business Time," I guess. Just had that kinda feel to it. And thanks for the tip about the NYC shows, U. It's on the calendar.