• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I, too, would usually shy away from anything Flick endorses, in this case I do agree that it is an outstanding show.

Don't encourage her, she needs to accept the fact that the show is over and life does indeed carry on.

Don't encourage her, she needs to accept the fact that the show is over and life does indeed carry on.

you need to accept the fact that you have no testicles.

OK, mini-rant alert:

I know its not completely rational but I resent shows like Entourage being renewed while Deadwood is allowed to die. I don't want to step on anybody's good time here but jeez, c'mon! Entourage is to Deadwood what cotton candy is to a lobster dinner.

Alright, I'm not sure that works but you know what I mean.

OK, mini-rant alert:

I know its not completely rational but I resent shows like Entourage being renewed while Deadwood is allowed to die. I don't want to step on anybody's good time here but jeez, c'mon! Entourage is to Deadwood what cotton candy is to a lobster dinner.

I'm a fan of both, but if I had to choose I would choose to keep Deadwood over Entourage. I was actually very displeased with both episodes last night.

Yeah, I probably shouldn't frame it as an either/or thing. I don't dislike Entourage but resent that HBO doesn't stand by it's best shows; Carnivale, Deadwood, there was talk of cancelling Rome. The Wire has been on hiatus for too long and I know they were worried about renewal. Can't we have both style and substance?

OK, mini-rant alert:

agreed!

it's not HBO. it's TV.

Yeah, I probably shouldn't frame it as an either/or thing. I don't dislike Entourage but resent that HBO doesn't stand by it's best shows; Carnivale, Deadwood, there was talk of cancelling Rome. The Wire has been on hiatus for too long and I know they were worried about renewal. Can't we have both style and substance?

I understand what you're saying. It's sad (for us) that they happen to have the best shows on television but perhaps don't have the commitment to finish them.

WTF!?!? I didn't even know this was the SERIES finale. I thought it was just the season finale. Can someone point me to a source that HBO has decided not to renew Deadwood?

they named it a 'season finale'. here is an article from June in the NY Times http://www.nytimes.com/2006/06/11/arts/tel...FX0lgixEEhrb+JQ

supposedly, they are going to make 2 movies that we should see around 2008 :hmm

they named it a 'season finale'. here is an article from June in the NY Times http://www.nytimes.com/2006/06/11/arts/tel...FX0lgixEEhrb+JQ

supposedly, they are going to make 2 movies that we should see around 2008 :hmm

I had not seen that article. Thanks. I understand money issues, but again, HBO in the long run is not willing to back their projects. The only 1 they have backed all the way is the Sopranos and that was destroyed by over-backing it and letting it run on into crap. God I have to kick this HBO habit. It's like drugs, in the end you never wake up feeling good about it.