• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For fans of the season 3, I'm currently working with Alan Graf, a.k.a. "Captain Turner" Hearst's right hand man. Awesome to hear about the "fight" bewtween him and Dan. Alan worked early on Deadwood as well, Stunt coordinator for the pilot and rouglhy the first few episodes, he's been on & off since.

He lost 37 lbs. since playing Captain Turner, I did not recgonize him at first, but he's a great guy with stories for days.

That was the most anti-climactic season, and in this case series, finale I have ever had the displeasure of casting mine critic's eye upon in many years. It seems that some cocksucker, not knowing the difference between a piece d'art and a heaping pile of shit has decided to cease production of my entertainment without appropriate consultation. Oh well, I guess I'll just slit a whore's throat to assuage the tension rising up from my fucking gullet like a tidal wave of piss.

so that was not much of a finale.

3 things I really didn't like:

1 - Alma sold her claim. Hearst is a bully and I really would have rather seen her stand up to Hearst, keep the claim and leave town.

2 - why didn't we get to see the view Ellsworth? I didn't like this and wanted to see Sophia say goodbye to him.

3. Al killing the whore, Jen, to please Hearst and save Trixie. I would have much rather seen Al and 'the gang' stand up to Hearst, combine Wu's men and Hawkeye's to chase the Pinkerfucks out of town with Hearst.

this was a disappointing finale, but I still need to watch it again.

i still don't get the episode. if hearst left because he didn't want to go to war with Al, why would Al kill the whore, which was a sign of weakness? Not sure I've been so confused by a show since twin peaks

I thought he left because there was another mining opportunity elsewhere. He also figured that he got absolutely everything he wanted, he practically owns Deadwood now. And yes, since he accomplished all of that, he might as well leave before hell broke loose.

I just like writing 'whore' :whoo

I guess someone had said hearst left because he didn't want to war with Al, which I took as a sign of fear/weakness. Although I suppose that's speculation of sorts. I may have missed the line about leaving for a mining claim and for the life of me I still can't figure why no one besides Trixie (whore :whoo ) decided to put a cap in his ass. and with all the fire arms kicking around that town she uses a pea shooter and stil misses all vitals from point blank range. It would have been a better tale had EB done the deed and then used his new found heroism to try and become a legit town bigwig thus kicking himself killed in the process.

• 10 months later...
is there any news about the supposed deadwood movie(s)? I haven't had time to search around...

http://www.mercurynews.com/tv/ci_6388511

Don't hold breath for 'Deadwood' movie

Contra Costa Times

Article Launched: 07/16/2007 03:15:46 PM PDT

NEWS AND NOTES from television's summer press tour in Beverly Hills: Remember those two "Deadwood" movies that HBO promised us when they so rudely canceled the remarkable series? Well, don't hold your breath.

"It's doable, but frankly it's daunting," said Michael Lombardo, president of the HBO programming group. He went on to rattle off all the obstacles, including the fact that creator David Milch is exhausted from working on "John From Cincinnati" and that it would be a major pain in the neck to round up all of the actors, many of whom have signed on with other shows.

One key factor will be the fate of "Cincy." If HBO renews it, Milch would be expected to start writing the second season very soon and that would leave little room for "Deadwood." On the other hand, "Cincy" isn't exactly burning up the Nielsen charts, so Milch could have some time on his hands.

Either way, we're in a holding pattern for the time being.

When pressed for the odds on a "Deadwood" movie happening, HBO co-president Richard Plepler put the numbers at "50-50." I say we sic Swearengen on those #%$@ers right now.

I can't wait for season 3 to come out on dvd next month. I don't know why no channels in the uk have bought the series, when all these other lesser shows get put on all the time.

Couple of my favourite quotes:

EB Farnum - "Be Quick"

Calamity Jane - "BE FUCKED!"

Steve Fields - "He motherfucked me!" (referring to Bullock calling him a motherfucker)

Basically, anything that Jane says, and anything with swearing - they use it so well in this show!

I can't wait for season 3 to come out on dvd next month. I don't know why no channels in the uk have bought the series, when all these other lesser shows get put on all the time.

Couple of my favourite quotes:

EB Farnum - "Be Quick"

Calamity Jane - "BE FUCKED!"

Steve Fields - "He motherfucked me!" (referring to Bullock calling him a motherfucker)

Basically, anything that Jane says, and anything with swearing - they use it so well in this show!

the wife and I just watched all of season 3 via netflix. Amazing.

this movie news makes me want to throw things.