August 27, 2006 - Reading Festival; Richfield Avenue, Reading, UK

Set List: Interstellar Overdrive/Corduroy, Do The Evolution, Animal, World Wide Suicide, Severed Hand, Dissident, Even Flow, Sad, I Am Mine, Jeremy, Grievance, Wasted Reprise, Better Man, Save You, Blood, Rearviewmirror

1st encore: Iron Man by Black Sabbath (Ed on ukulele), Soon Forget, Given To Fly, Once, Crown Of Thorns (by Mother Love Bone), Comatose, Alive

2nd encore: Why Go, Baba O'Riley (by The Who), Yellowledbetter

August 27, 2006 - Reading Festival; Richfield Avenue, Reading, UK

Set List: Interstellar Overdrive/Corduroy, Do The Evolution, Animal, World Wide Suicide, Severed Hand, Dissident, Even Flow, Sad, I Am Mine, Jeremy, Grievance, Wasted Reprise, Better Man, Save You, Blood, Rearviewmirror

1st encore: Iron Man by Black Sabbath (Ed on ukulele), Soon Forget, Given To Fly, Once, Crown Of Thorns (by Mother Love Bone), Comatose, Alive

2nd encore: Why Go, Baba O'Riley (by The Who), Yellowledbetter

besides the iron man thing, they've been playing the rest of these covers for years. interstellar goes back to 98, crown of thorns - 2000, Baba has to go back to at least 94-95.

from what i've read, this was a pretty emotional show because it was their first large festival since the roskilde incident.

Interstellar has been played into Corduroy forever too, '98 maybe earlier

Ed has played the Iron Man on uke thing before as well

you see they covered The Boys Are Back In Town in Dublin tho? sounded good besides Ed coming in too early on the 2nd verse.

from what i've read, this was a pretty emotional show because it was their first large festival since the roskilde incident.

Want to enlighten me as to what happened? That seems to be a story I've never heard before.

Edit: Never mind. I googled it.

Edited by Scalzunfield

I took my PJ freak son to see 'em a few years ago & when they did Interstellar I almost shit my pants.Made me glad i went (I only had the first 3 records at the time)

It was televised here, so you may be able to find some footage shortly.

Two nights of up to three channels of coverage on the BBC - Reading and Leeds festivals.

I loved Jet (simple solid rock and a great voice from the lead singer - AMan would go for them live if he's a Crows fan) and Larrikin Love - a Levellers/Madness/Pulp mix of eccentricity. Arctic Monkeys impressed too. I am won over on them because of the early Who/Jam similarities I see, and the lyrics/sensibilities are much more where I'm coming from (can't identify with a young US band singing about growing up on the West coast, say - apart from the Beachboys :P). They were tighter than I expected - also. The Fall characteristically moody too. Those were my highlights. Raconteurs were OK - can watch Mr White play all night though. Can't say I was enthralled by Pearl Jam - though I somehow bypassed them entirely in the 90s, so that's probably a factor. Low point - My Chemical Romance - utter shite. Seems the acts in the tent were generally better than on the main stage.

May be some sounds/vision if you hunt around here:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/readingandleeds06/

http://enjoyment.independent.co.uk/music/r...icle1222252.ece

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/arts/main.jhtml...bmreading28.xml

Dear Pearl Jam,

please come back to the US and play Oklahoma/Texas/Arkansas/Kansas, which you apparently seem to have forgotten exist.

Thank You.

Texas, Arkansas, etc . . . . I wish. Stone said in a recent web chat that they just hadn't sold tickets in the South and it wasn't really feasible to play there anymore. It sucks so bad, cause I'm in Mississippi.

But yeah . . . Interstellar Overdrive - they've been doing it for a while, as other people have pointed out. Heard it several times, but never more than the riff as just a short opening to Corduroy.