Last night's performance was different somehow than the Leno performance.

I think for the better.

It seemed more understated....the drums less intrusive and more subtle. It just seemed more "musical" or something. Seeing it made me say to myself, "I must go get the new live Sadies record now!".

I, too, was hoping for something different...Margaret & Pauline, Teenage Feeling, Lion's Jaws.

Oh well.

horrible mix on the conan show. i think the sadies have a bass player. i thought i saw him there. i'm not sure if he was even in the theater.

Tivo'd this, just viewed it last night and I agree w/you %100.

That's possibly the worst mix ever.

Drums were tinny, "vox" were awful. Kelly and Neko couldn't even harmonize so the monitors must've been crap also. Neko looked to be in good spirits afterwards tho....

It's a shame considering the Sadies new record is just out and they're such a terrific band.

While the Sadies and Neko could have played anything with the Sadies, Hold On Hold On was jointly written by them and appears on not one and not two albums, but three of them, being a stand out on the Sadies live also, which may have been part of the point of this appearance too..

Thanks for posting the vid on this, I was long asleep when it aired and I heard bass and Kelly Hogan was there holding down her usual spot in the band as well.

LouieB

I thought she was singing backing vocals.
Really.....

Kelly is a fantanstic back-up singer and Neko has been singing with her for years.. that isn't about coat-tails, but she did have a suit coat and tie on, if that is what you mean.

LouieB

that isn't about coat-tails, but she did have a suit coat and tie on, if that is what you mean.

LouieB

What I meant was that Kelly left Atlanta to go to Chicago because she had worn out all the musical opportunites Atlanta had to offer and had nowhere to go but down. It seems odd to me that someone who had been performing her own tunes with great local success would be satisfied to spend so many years as a back up singer.

Where would she be without Neko? Back in Atlanta, maybe, but certainly not on national tv. That's what I mean by "riding her coat tails".