Bi-Weekly Chicago Question

I need to know of a good hotel downtownish. Any decent neighborhood is fine (safe for a group of travelling girls/women/JeffWalrus/whoever else goes to bachelorette parties). I lived there for a bit, but I certainly didn't stay in any hotels so I'm clueless (unless you count hour session with Derek Phillips). The Lincoln Inn or somesuch in Lincoln Park seems cheap. Any reason to avoid it? Money is an issue, but this isn't for me so I have no idea what kind of budget we're looking at. I might have wanted to know that before I posted, eh? You all just tell me cheap and good and something will work out.

AVOID the local, private hotels in Chicago. Trust me. The CHEAPEST (and best) hotel to stay at in Chicago is the Lincoln Park Days Inn. My friends stay there and rooms are 59 dollars. It is across the street from the actual park, and over looks Lake Michigan. (you can request a room facing the Lake for no extra charge, which I recommend as the sunrise on the lake is a beautiful site) It is five minutes from downtown, two minutes from Lakeshore Drive, and you are in lovely Lincoln Park (where I live) where there is everything to do. Very safe. This hotel as well has the famous Bar Louie, a Chicago landmark in its lobby as well as a 7-11 type convienence store that sells food, beer, booze, etc. You will be most satisfied, I recommend it to anyone staying in Chicago.

Good luck.

Lincoln Park Days Inn

1800 N. Lincoln Ave

Chicago Il, 60614

312-664-3040

312-664-7624

AVOID the local, private hotels in Chicago. Trust me. The CHEAPEST (and best) hotel to stay at in Chicago is the Lincoln Park Days Inn. My friends stay there and rooms are 59 dollars. It is across the street from the actual park, and over looks Lake Michigan. (you can request a room facing the Lake for no extra charge, which I recommend as the sunrise on the lake is a beautiful site) It is five minutes from downtown, two minutes from Lakeshore Drive, and you are in lovely Lincoln Park (where I live) where there is everything to do. Very safe. This hotel as well has the famous Bar Louie, a Chicago landmark in its lobby as well as a 7-11 type convienence store that sells food, beer, booze, etc. You will be most satisfied, I recommend it to anyone staying in Chicago.

Good luck.

Lincoln Park Days Inn

1800 N. Lincoln Ave

Chicago Il, 60614

312-664-3040

312-664-7624

Bar Louie is a Chicago landmark?

Seriously, that hotel is in a perfect location. I didn't realize it was that inexpensive.

B. Check out The Viceroy at Madison/Ogden and Ashland. Reasonable rates, great accomodations!!!

I dont know - I think that Days Inn is much more nicely poised for the young bachelorette scene. They can stumble home from Sauce, or take a $5 cab from most other places.

Good luck.

Lincoln Park Days Inn

1800 N. Lincoln Ave

Chicago Il, 60614

312-664-3040

312-664-7624

Me & my kid stayed there for a Neil Young concert once. Room was kinda old and small, but fine. Nice view, good location, cheap. I thought it was called the Days Inn Gold Coast, however.

Ok, ok, LANDMARK might have been a strong word for Bar Louie.

Sheesh, sensitive people! I was right about everything else, except, yes, it IS called Days Inn Gold Coast, although it is about eight blocks north of the Gold Coast.

Try to be nice.....