Pole  

22 members have voted

1. 1. What is this?

• A RTT

Also: Hollies? Ouch!

There is a bench and a small room carved out of these two hollies. Completely hidden from view. :ninja

The story goes that it was a shy gardener who wanted to eat his lunch by himself that made it. :wub

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'to eat his lunch by himself'

You do know that that's a euphemism in English slang don't you?

No, not really. But if he was going to see a man about a dog, that would mean he was going for a slash i.e. take a leak, to come full circle in La Ronde style, to the original topic.

You do know that that's a euphemism in English slang don't you?

No, not really. But if he was going to see a man about a dog, that would mean he was going for a slash i.e. take a leak, to come full circle in La Ronde style, to the original topic.

Fooking brilliant!

And with that...I must go take a run around the track.*

*Not slang

Interesting - I am partial to Full Metal Jacket.

One of my other favourite Drill Instructor's is in Bolixo Blues (end WWII not Vietnam).

That reminds me - there's a reality TV show here (which must be about the best of the bunch as it actually serves some purpose) whereby a bunch of youthful petty criminals are sent off for a few months for a 1950s style army compulsory service regime - complete with original ex-sergeants. No censorship of swearing after 9pm on UK TV. Good stuff. It is actually quite heartwarming to see some of those lads truly have their lives turned around as they learn a bit of self respect, confidence, and bond as a group. Cruel to be kind and all that.

http://badlads.itv.com/main.php?section=photo&page=2

199.jpg75.jpg

One of my other favourite Drill Instructor's is in Bolixo Blues (end WWII not Vietnam).

That reminds me - there's a reality TV show here (which must be about the best of the bunch as it actually serves some purpose) whereby a bunch of youthful petty criminals are sent off for a few months for a 1950s style army compulsory service regime - complete with original ex-sergeants. No censorship of swearing after 9pm on UK TV. Good stuff. It is actually quite heartwarming to see some of those lads truly have their lives turned around as they learn a bit of self respect, confidence, and bond as a group. Cruel to be kind and all that.

http://badlads.itv.com/main.php?section=photo&page=2

The dude in Full Metal Jacket, Lee Emory, was a real marine. You probably knew that - as he has been in many TV shows and movies now.

microboost.jpg

Hollies song

The dude in Full Metal Jacket, Lee Emory, was a real marine. You probably knew that - as he has been in many TV shows and movies now.

Yes. I also thought of you this morning when listening to The Sterophonics - You Gotta Go There To Come Back. Maybe you'll think it's crap, but ( a ) they're Welsh ( b ) Kelly Jones has got a real Python Lee Jackson ( :ninja ) voice thing going on - which might be right up your street. He covered Handbags and Gladrags once too.

Yes. I also thought of you this morning when listening to The Sterophonics - You Gotta Go There To Come Back. Maybe you'll think it's crap, but ( a ) they're Welsh ( b ) Kelly Jones has got a real Python Lee Jackson ( :ninja ) voice thing going on - which might be right up your street. He covered Handbags and Gladrags once too.

never heard of them - so I don't know

Hollies song

By August she was mine...

Probably my favourite. Closely followed by Stop Stop Stop Paula Dancing ...

And that was the best stuff Nash did if you ask me - I don't like CSN much.

never heard of them - so I don't know

So Oiik, or whatever (which I don't).

I know a damn Hollies song when I hear it. Except for Long Cool Woman in a Black

Dress, which I think was actually done by the Eagles.

Living out West has infected me. I am a slave of the advertisements and the shameless style of spending money. I have a good car, yet I want a separate car, of a different shape, for those times when I feel a different way about myself. I even want a third car, of a third shape, for a time in my future, that I should hope for, when I feel a third way about myself. And oh the colas. They are never content with their colas. They add cherry, and vanilla, and then coffee flavor, and they take away the sugar, like a magician pulling away the tablecloth, and change the logo artwork, and keep you ever dancing, dancing, like a madman on a red-hot conveyor belt to hell; if you don't dance in place and always buy more strange new soda then you'll fall on your side and be whisked off to the scalding white-hot pits of brimstone and sulphur. That is what it is like to get out of bed each day in California.

Living out West has infected me. I am a slave of the advertisements and the shameless style of spending money. I have a good car, yet I want a separate car, of a different shape, for those times when I feel a different way about myself. I even want a third car, of a third shape, for a time in my future, that I should hope for, when I feel a third way about myself. And oh the colas. They are never content with their colas. They add cherry, and vanilla, and then coffee flavor, and they take away the sugar, like a magician pulling away the tablecloth, and change the logo artwork, and keep you ever dancing, dancing, like a madman on a red-hot conveyor belt to hell; if you don't dance in place and always buy more strange new soda then you'll fall on your side and be whisked off to the scalding white-hot pits of brimstone and sulphur. That is what it is like to get out of bed each day in California.

I think I used to confuse you with Sergio Ramshackle and he used to tell me to eat my greens. sorry for the mix up.