is this the new RTT?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. choose

• yes
    • no
    • where the hell is ction
    • other

Guest carlos
I really wanna kill those silhouettes dancing in those fucking mortgage banner ads on Yahoo.

I just wonder what dancing silhouettes have to do with mortgage rates.

edit-Plus isn't it a little dangerous to dance on rooftops?

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest carlos

If I were to run a banner ad for mortgage rates the basic setup would be two preppy kittens wearing glasses enjoying a game of ping pong. There might be music.

I already posted the following post over in the banter thread in Just A Fan, but I'd really appreciate the input of you RTT devotees on this subject, in case I'm making a mistake in carrying on this project. The thread link is Here and the post is:

"As I was sifting through some of this material last night a thought struck me, and I wanted to get everyone's opinion on it.

When thinking of doing this project, and also what will be the final result of it, I have only been thinking in the context of the VC crowd. Meaning to say that as devoted fans of Jeff, we all find the banter fun and amusing and it makes each show feel a little more personal, etc., etc.

But I'd hate to see the final product getting traded on all the torrents sites or god forbid getting sold on ebay or something and feeling like I'm responsible for putting Tweedy's concert comments out there for people who may not give a rat's ass about Jeff or the band, or worse-- those who may want to use his words out of context against him or something.

I guess I'm just asking: could there be some negative fallout for Jeff for carrying through with this project? If so, should we just nix it, or are there ways of ensuring that it stays by and large amongst the VCers?

Just trying to be cautious about all of this.

Thanks for any input."

Thanks for any input."

been there.

There's a chance for negative fallout in almost everything we do in life. If you want this to stay only among the VC crowd, post it on our bt site only and request that people not upload it to other bt sites. That's probably about the most you can do(aside from "nixing" it). I think the real question is whether you want to be held responsible for your project IF something negative should happen. In the end, it's your project, and you should do what you feel is best for everyone.

omc!

I KNOW!@#

Mr. Dunham,

We await your evaluation of the Jewel friday night pizza promotion. Your attention to this matter is appreciated.

Yours,

Purchasing

Mr. Purchasing,

Sorry for my delay. We were very happy w/ said promo, the deep-dish was pretty tasty and was just perfect for the both of us. However, unless you make Em eat a cheese sandwich, it may be a little too small. The boys stared at us and drooled the whole time we ate it. Granted, they drool 24/7, but they seemed genuinely dissapointed they couldn't have any. To note, there was thin-crust available as well. So, I would look into it cautiously and w/ some level of trepidation.

!!!,

* This is Ron Cey

Just wondering why the Foley thread closed up.Everyone was very civil I thought.

More 'revelations' on the news at noon...Foley molested by a clergyman as a ute,Foley admits to being gay,etc..gonna be an interesting 5 weeks or so.

Guest carlos

My favorite Jeff Banter was at the last Tempe show when he said "Uh-uh! Uh-uh-uh! I say Jeff's in da house! I say Jeff's in da hou-oo-ah-oo - In da house!"

Guest carlos
Carlos, if you could forward me a link to the comp of your dinnertime banter w/ the Missus, recorded in losless format, i'd appreciate it.

Awesome, I'll include the bonus track of me explaining the Great Uncomformity from last week.