• yes
    • no
    • where the hell is ction
    • other

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Friends of Eddie Coyle was partially filmed in the town I grew up in.

Catch Me If You Can was filmed in my home town. My high school girlfriend and her brother had a small part, and I worked with most of the actresses who played the cheerleaders in the film.

Oh yeah, I have made the "Twin Cities Run".

Amistad, A Wake in Providence, Federal Hill , as well as the TV series Providence, all filmed here. Most recently Underdog, some other movie with Meryl Streep in it, new Joey Pants vehicle "Waterfront," and Showtime's Brotherhood. Brotherhood and Underdog (on our street) with A Wake in Providence and Federal Hill filming up the street.

i'm sure there are more but that's all i can think of. I'm sure they'll be filming Prince of Providence here (starring Russell CROW!) any day now.

Why is it that "jorts" are dorky but cutoffs are cool?

Can the "Jorts" look be pulled off so to speak if one is wearing them out in the yard working, wearing say a sweat shirt and some tennis shoes?

They aren't either, sport.

What? Were you alive at all during the '70s? Did you never watch an episode of "Dukes of Hazzard?"

FYI - I googled the terms I found confusing in this thread thus far:

jorts = jean shorts

dirty sanchez = a mustache made, at least partially, of fecal matter

Thanks ViaChicago!!

next up: banus

Not a huge advocate of camping in the rain, but I'm glad M.Chris had a good time in our wonderful Empire State. Come back soon!

anyone want to trade IMs later about taboo jorts moments? I promise no-one is keeping a record, and I'm totally over 18.

I'm game, but I'm not quite 18 yet. Is that a problem?

Can the "Jorts" look be pulled off so to speak if one is wearing them out in the yard working, wearing say a sweat shirt and some tennis shoes?

No.

welcome home!

Thank you, missy. It's good to be home.

Not a huge advocate of camping in the rain, but I'm glad M.Chris had a good time in our wonderful Empire State. Come back soon!

If I could fold space, I would be in NY every Thursday night for dinner. That was just the best. :love

I :heart NY.