FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS TONIGHT!

I know a lot of folks think this show doesn't have a chance in hell, and when I first heard about it, I tought how the hell they gonna do that?

After working here now, and seeing many of the episodes, I can say the show is pretty damn solid. I would say, at least worthy to watch the first two and then see what happens. The first two are quite good, I haven't seen finished products of the anything else, but give it a shot.

I know T.V. is busy with dancing with stars, or whatever, but Don't judge a book by its cover, try to catch the first two, then I think you'll see what I mean, in that it's good. The promos suck ass, do ignore those whenever possible, but the, shot on 16mm entirely on location, no sets, feels like a movie.

The set-up is similar to the movie, but takes place in present day, Dillion, Texas.

Maybe everyone will hate it, and I'll go back to building houses, but we're here now, so try to catch it.

*cue Greg's Victory Cheer! GO TEAM FIGHT!

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm the assistant to one of the executive producers, and he also directed # 2 & 3, # 8 & 13.

I was told I made the cut on the screen credits, at the very end, but now, due to some contract blah blah blah, I don't know, maybe there, maybe not.

Tons of nudity in this show, lots of violence, plenty of drug overdoses, yetis and big time matrix part 2 car sequences.

The gourds are in Episode #7, Ms. Perm has a wee part in #7 if it makes the cut, never know. Lots of fun, a great, great job.

I saw the coach on the Today Show this morning and they read some of the stellar reviews of the pilot. Something along the lines of "it will be remembered, not just like a TV show, but like a poem or piece of art". I'm really paraphrasing there, but that's essentially what it said.

2, 4, 6, 8, who do we appreciate? PERMIE! PERMIE! GOOOOOOOO PERMIE!!!

cheerleaders%20018-04-05.jpg

I'm the assistant to one of the executive producers

gareth%20office.gif

Tons of nudity in this show, lots of violence, plenty of drug overdoses, yetis and big time matrix part 2 car sequences.

Awesome. I'm going to both watch it and tape it simultaneously, then study it like the zapruder film. Hey, you should have James Vanderbeek do a walk-on where he just comes on screen and goes:

I...don't want...your life.

Seriously, awesome stuff buddy...i'll check it out. :cheers

I really want to see this, mainly because I've had a crush on Kyle Chandler since forever, but if it's on at the same time as Gilmore Girls, I'm gonna have to pass.

I'm recording Gilmore and watching FNL. Support your fellow VCer!

I'm recording Gilmore and watching FNL. Support your fellow VCer!

I still live in the 1980's. I don't have dvr, tivo or any of that stuff. I don't even know how to record one show while watching another.

I still live in the 1980's. I don't have dvr, tivo or any of that stuff. I don't even know how to record one show while watching another.

Okay then, I'll watch Gilmore after FNL and tell you what happens in a very fast paced, high energy run-on sentence. It will be just like watching the show. :P

I'm going to watch in a bikini made of cool whip.

Hey, get your own idea. I already called dibs on that viewing outfit.

This be you on IMDB, no?

ss.jpg

:yes

although, that imdb thing is loopy, it shows me as just a writer on R.E.M., and it put that on another dude's movie called R.E.M., I made my own film of the same title, and after a festival appearance, they credited me, but screwed them up, so it shows me as a writer on some other dude's thing.

Peel - There is a wall here, with everyone's picture on it, and under mine it reads "Assistant to the Regional Manager".

On a cool note, the guy I work for is very good pals with Nels Cline. We are traveling to the San Anotnio show. Is Nels CLine Essential? I think so.

There were only two new shows that I was interested in checking out this fall: Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip and Friday Night Lights. I'll be at Jenny Lewis tonight, but I'll DVR Lights. It sure looks promising.

This is Friday Night Lights, not Friday Night Cage MAtch!!!! Which does have a nice ring.

Let's see, cool old school Friday night T.V.

Wasn't there some video show in the 80's, I remember something like HOT videos after school and of course MTV, Friday night wrestling? Anyone, ANyone?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wasn;t there some video show in the 80's, I remeber something like HOT videos after school and of course MTV, Friday night wrestling? Anyone, ANyone?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Was that the one where the clayanimated celebrities killed eachother?