FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS TONIGHT!

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we're watching!

caliber and i just made a bet that the coach's wife leaves him halfway through the first season. I say its not that kind of a show and that she gets knocked up instead.

five bucks. Anyone want a piece of this action?

congratulations perm!! :cheers

it's a rare thing to have network production come to you out there, and an altogether different thing to have GOOD tv come to you.

great to read such a glowing review of the show, too.

i have a friend who is an assistant editor on the show. if he gives your boss any grief about changes that can't be made, let me know.

i wish you a successful season and an early pick-up!

well, i lost the bet about the quarterback getting hurt in the first episode, but i was right about the team winning the first game. So football is really that nutty for HS in texas, huh? we didn't have football in my WASP town--we had tennis and soccer and rowing, so it all seems really foreign to me--all that reverance for football.

well, i lost the bet about the quarterback getting hurt in the first episode, but i was right about the team winning the first game. So football is really that nutty for HS in texas, huh? we didn't have football in my WASP town--we had tennis and soccer and rowing, so it all seems really foreign to me--all that reverance for football.

Texas and Ohio, too, are rabid over this stuff. We had a football team, but they weren't no good.

That was very good! I was all into the game, too. I think it was obvious that Coach didn't take the scout coach's advice too seriously. And I would've liked to see some more adjustments made at half.

I totally dig the alcoholic fullback - like a Texas Mike Alstott.

Congratulations, Perm!

Maybe you could get Freaks & Geeks going again.

This is funny because Freaks And Geeks was what I was thinking about all the time I was reading this thread... that was a fan-fucking-tastic show!

Also, I was thinking that I would probaly watch this show, except that I don't really like football. I can't even tivo or dvr it because I don't have tivo or dvr. I only got cable a month and a half ago, for christ's sake.

Oh, and I have to admit that I am pretty much drunk right now. But anyway, Big Perm, congratulations! I hope your show does well. I don't watch much TV... I'm still pissed at everyone that Arrested Development was cancelled. But I won't hold it against you.... :cheekkiss

i am not a fan of HS football either, but i still got sucked into all the backstory. I think Kyle Chandler needs a few more expressions other than "tired and put upon." I would have rather seen DB Sweeney as the new head coach. i can't get past Chandler's role in Early Edition (which i loved by the way but the man has zero edge.)

I heard on the radio this morning that they were going to do an "encore" showing of the first episode tonight. Not sure if that's nationally or locally, but it's worth a check (I got the impression it was national).

I caught bits and pieces as it comes on during the time we put the kids to bed, what I saw of it, I enjoyed. While HS football in Central Illinois isn't as rabid as Texas, it was (and still is) a pretty big deal in my hometown...the world stopped on Friday night. What I saw of the show did a pretty cool job on portraying that.

I emailed my bro-in-law this morning, who is an assistant HS football coach and he loved it.

Well done, Perm.

I heard on the radio this morning that they were going to do an "encore" showing of the first episode tonight. Not sure if that's nationally or locally, but it's worth a check (I got the impression it was national).

it's on here in Houston tonight (the repeat).