• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NEW YORK TIMES

October 3, 2006

TV Review | 'Friday Night Lights'

On the Field and Off, This Show Made Me See God

By VIRGINIA HEFFERNAN

This show may be the answer to the crisis in the middle east and the cure for AIDS. It's that good. Now, i'm going to change my pants. Whoo.

FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS

NBC, tonight at 8, Eastern and Pacific times; 7, Central time.

Peter Berg, executive-produced, wrote and directed the pilot; Jason Katims, Brian Grazer, David Nevins and Sarah Aubrey, executive producers. A production of Imagine Entertainment, NBC Universal Television Studio and Film 44.

WITH: Kyle Chandler (Eric Taylor), Scott Porter (Jason Street), Gaius Charles (Brian

NEW YORK TIMES

October 3, 2006

By VIRGINIA HEFFERNAN

This show may be the answer to the crisis in the middle east and the cure for AIDS. It's that good. Now, i'm going to change my pants. Whoo.

FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS

Peter Berg, executive-produced, wrote and directed the pilot; Jason Katims, Brian Grazer, David Nevins and Sarah Aubrey, executive producers. A production of Imagine Entertainment, NBC Universal Television Studio and Film 44.

WITH: Kyle Chandler (Eric Taylor), Scott Porter (Jason Street), Gaius Charles (Brian

NEW YORK TIMES

October 3, 2006

By VIRGINIA HEFFERNAN

FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS

NEW YORK TIMES

October 3, 2006

By VIRGINIA HEFFERNAN

FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS

Peter Berg, executive-produced, wrote,and directed the pilot, and is Nels Cline's bestest friend; Jason Katims, Brian Grazer, David Nevins and Sarah Aubrey, executive producers. A production of Imagine Entertainment, NBC Universal Television Studio and Film 44.

WITH: Kyle Chandler (Eric Taylor), Scott Porter (Jason Street), Gaius Charles (Brian — Smash — Williams), Taylor Kitsch (Tim Riggins), Connie Britton (Tami Taylor), Jeremy Sexton (Assistant To The Producer), Zach Gilford (Matt Saracen), Minka Kelly (Lyla Garrity), Aimee Teegarden (Julie), Adrianne Palicki (Tyra Collette), Jesse Plemons (Landry Clarke) and SAN DIMAS HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL RULES. NO, KNIBB HIGH FOOTBALL RULES.

I love Kyle Chandler from Early edition days. Almost a man crush, but not quite. Anyways, with all these glowing reviews and nels cline references going around, im going to have to check this one out.

I love Kyle Chandler from Early edition days. Almost a man crush, but not quite.

I've loved him since the show Homefront back in the early 90's. Plus, he's a southern boy and I have a soft spot for those.