Foley's "Simple naughty emails"

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Thus far with this story I have heard Rush imply that it was a set up by Dems strong arming a vulnerable 16 year old to do their bidding. I have heard the Focus on the Family say that this is a result of our nations tolerance. Hannity of course brought Clinton into the picture, but had Lewinsky as 19 in his version when she did not get her internship until she was 22. I've heard every day people say it is no big deal and then tell that Dems are worse. (Like the behavior of a Dem or anyone else on earth is relevant to the crime at hand.) I've heard it called a gay thing, and not pedophilia, which are two different things. I've read the dueling staments of Hastert and Reynolds last week each claiming the other knew about this earlier, then on Monday neither knew about it before it was released. I've seen Hasterts call for an investigation, which reads like this to me: Investigate and find the leakers. I've also read about Haster's meeting with Foley's committee, sans Dems. I've read that the leadership knew since 2001 that this guy was a predator. I've read a whole lot more than this and even the most flattering stories do not make the republican leadership look like anything more than a cover-up machine. This guy was doing wrong and the leadership knew about it and hushed it up as best they could, now they are trying to cover their asses, while the pundits make every effort to make it the Dems problem. This is bullshit and these people need to go

just in general dude, Im not gonna swear you in.

Of course your point begs the question, why was the Oral Majority investigating him getting a blow job anyway?

:brow

Stewie, you're exceptional.

what a relief, because as much as I enjoy it, I just can't give my full attention to having a

political e-spat with you today. :)

I hope Bill is laughing his ass off about now.

what a relief, because as much as I enjoy it, I just can't give my full attention to having a

political e-spat with you today. :)

super. no spat. I just had no idea why you posted that, as an average joe lying about it vs. the president while under oath in a court of law lying about it are two completely different things...whether you support clnton and/or thought he should have been asked the question in the first place. that's all.

What if this was a female page - Think this would have same impact on conservatives?
[i could not lose unless I was] caught in bed with a dead girl or a live boy.

;)

What if this was a female page - Think this would have same impact on conservatives?

Actually, the correct response is another question -- how would conservatives react if it was a dem caught with his hand in the cookie jar....

BTW, this is some of the text of the IMs Foley had with an unnamed male page:

ABC reported yesterday that Foley used the screen name "Maf54" and wrote a former page: "I miss you lots since san diego," to which the teenager responded, "ya I cant wait til dc." The youth asked, "did you pick a night for dinner." Maf54 replied, "not yet . . . but likely Friday."

In another exchange, Maf54 wrote, "I want to see you." The teenager replied, "Like I said not til feb . . . then we will go to dinner." Maf54: "and then what happens?" Teenager: "we eat . . . we drink . . . who knows . . . hang out . . . late into the night." When Maf54 pressed further, the teenager wrote, "hmmm, I have the feeling that you are fishing here . . . im not sure what I would be comfortable with . . . well see."

The only similarity between Foley and Clinton is that they both seem to be taking advantage of a gross power disparity. Foley seems a bit more of the aggressor/predator to me, based on what I've read.

Yes, Tony Perkins and other hacks are saying the only reason that the Republican leadership didn't disclose or aggressively pursue this earlier is that, because our society values diversity and tolerance, they would be labeled as gay-bashers. Wtf. What incredible spin.

The only similarity between Foley and Clinton is that they both seem to be taking advantage of a gross power disparity. Foley seems a bit more of the aggressor/predator to me, based on what I've read.

"ya I cant wait til dc." The youth asked, "did you pick a night for dinner." :ermm

this guy is a total douche, but wtf?

Plus it appears that procuring alcohol was involved. While I was in high school when I started drinking too, I didn't have folks older than my parents buying booze for me or taking me to dinner. That's just creepy.

"ya I cant wait til dc." The youth asked, "did you pick a night for dinner." :ermm

this guy is a total douche, but wtf?

yeah, wtf.... he shoulda at least offered to send a limo to pick the kid up. Say what you will about Michael Jackson, but that guy clearly knows how to treat a lady -- I mean, 16-year-old boy.