Foley's "Simple naughty emails"

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

What if this was a female page - Think this would have same impact on conservatives?

What if this concerned a Democrat - Would there even be a thread on this board?

"just as every cop is a criminal ..."

Plenty of bad behavior on either side of the aisle -- in the case of the Republicans, it's the obvious hypocrisy of their public and high-handed moral stance that makes it so.... I have to say it .... delightful. And their seeming belief that the embarrassment is that he's gay rather than a molester ... man oh man.

I don't want to jinx it by saying it out loud, but this is a dream come true.

Uhhhh, one that would be even more worried getting busted for perjury? I'm a huge Clinton fan, but him lying about that was one of the stupidest things he could have ever done. Period.

I do think it was the stupidest thing he did. I am, however, sure that the GOP knew that this would get him. Seriously.

That whole ordeal will go down (no pun intended) as one of the biggest wastes of time/jokes/misuses of impeachment in American history.

:wave

My guess is you won't know until it happens to you.

As enjoyable as the schadenfreude is, I think the best thing Dems can possibly do right now is simply stand back and watch the GOP squirm while they try to explain this one away without cannibalizing themselves.

Seriously. I'm really not interested in seeing all the hysterics, real or feigned. Making this a political issue on the left comes across as just being revenge for the utter stupidity of the whole Lewinsky saga--not to mention giving the right a convenient way to change the subject. You could argue the whole "what goes around comes around" logic, but I think it is better to let the GOP handle this grenade on their own.

This story is already out there. And the old infamous quote about the dead-girl or live boy is spot on. They got some 'splainin to do to their base. Pass teh popcorn.

What if this was a female page - Think this would have same impact on conservatives?

When I first heard about it, I actually thought that it was a female employee. In my opinion, any such behavior is unprofessional at best and cause for dismissal.

Also, I'd be just as disturbed if it was a Dem.

As will this.

Except this is totally different. Unless you equate hitting on a minor to consensual sex. In which case, maybe you're in the same boat as Foley.

I'm going to reserve judgment until Big Ray produces a rip of these a ledged conversations in a lossless format.

Also, I am masturbating whilst typing this message, I am using a towel for easy clean up.

I'm going to reserve judgment until Big Ray produces a rip of these a ledged conversations in a lossless format.

Also, I am masturbating whilst typing this message, I am using a towel for easy clean up.

:worship

Oh and that full transcript? There is no running/hiding from that.

In my opinion, any such behavior is unprofessional at best and cause for dismissal. Also, I'd be just as disturbed if it was a Dem.

Of course I agree with you, I just don't think it will have the political impact that most Dems are apparently hoping for. It's not really a political issue. I could be wrong, just my initial thought.

I couldn't help but wonder how this thread might be different if this was a Democrat.

Except this is totally different. Unless you equate hitting on a minor to consensual sex. In which case, maybe you're in the same boat as Foley.

Couldn't resist, huh?

I'm going to close this topic. It went pretty well for a while, I think.

It sure did accumulate a lot of posts quickly! I stepped away for two hours and came back with 65 responses. Holy hell!

:cheers