Free Crane Wife Poster with order

Dang, my Billy Liar is red! If I get any more in for the store, I'll see if they're colored. My fave is the White Her Majesty with silk screened cover. I wash my hands before I play that one.

silk screened?! jumping jesus wholy cow.

kinda weird that they are at the Riv, but I guess it had to be done. what do you think - are you going?

Nat - I agree with your assessment of the album. Actually, I think if you took picaresque and crane's wife you could do one album goofy with epics and one album something that you could listen to every day.

I liked this album but didnt love it on first listen. Giving it a second listen now. Its not overwhelming me. I hope I didnt get my hopes up too high given all the stellar reviews... :hmm

EDIT: Disclaimer -- I am listening to this at work through my crappy computer speakers, so maybe I will like it more when I get home and put it on a real stereo.

Edited by MattZ

I just today bought the Crane Wife today. Have listened twice.

I heard 4 or 5 songs on their KCRW performance (I listened to archive a few times) so I kind of new what to expect.

I think it's a great buy.

Funny how we all here things differently. I LOVE "The Island" epic as well as "The Perfect Crime".

To me, they have a mystery and aura about them similar to early R.E.M. I think it's the unique lyrics, unique lead singer voice, unique cd packaging....I'm not sure. And interesting this is their first big label record....much like R.E.M. jumping to Warner after a few great albums. They're on quite a roll.