West Lafayette, IN

edie, are you going to urbana?! :w00t

we SO need to catch up!

Not yet; stupidly missed the presale, so I dunno.

I am headed to Witchita and Springfield on the 15th-16th and so will see them then. But seeing Jeff solo is such a treat that it is hard to pass up. Need to clear it with the hubby though....

Jeff's mother died last Friday.

That sucks. My happiness for new rocking Wilco is definitely tempered by that news. :(

As much as Jeff puts his heart into his live shows - and that's what makes Wilco worth seeing - it must have been tough to play so soon afterwards. Best wishes, etc. to all the Wilcos & families.

And to the guy complaining about the mix, the keyboards are always too loud, where you been? ;)

NIce meeting you too....it was nice to extend the VC connections into Indiana. I kept transversing Indiana this week, but stopping for the few hours I did, were really enjoyable. Hope something else occurs in Laffy so I can come down again.

LouieB

Hey there! It's Brent and Melinda! We're friends of Scott and Michelle and met you last night. In fact, had seats right behind you!

What a fantastic first show for us! We have been telling friends about this all day. My band practices in our garage so tomorrow I'll be out there with a stack of Wilco material just jammin' along and havin' a blast. We listened to the July 2nd Duluth show on the Wilco site several times today as well. I'm amazed that Melinda really liked it. It's not her normal "thing" to hear something outside of mainstream radio music.

We're forever grateful for the call from Scott with an extra pair of tickets! What a great great time we had.

Louie and Beth, thanks for guiding us through... We really enjoyed your company :)

As far as the somber mood was concerned it was fully understandable. A tip of the hat for going through with the show when it was probably the last thing he wanted to do. Our thought are with him and his family.

Edited by yamahagrand

Hey, all! I'm new to this site. Infact, this is my first time being on here myself. I've seen my parents on here many times and thought I would give it a try. Last night's show at Purdue was my first Wilco show. I had an amazing time! Although Jeff was a bit emotional-as I knew he would be, I think he still put on an awesome show! My brother and I went with our parents. It was both of our's first time getting to see Wilco. Our seats were away from our parents, but it was all good. I actually called the first song. All day I had the feeling they would open with "A Shot in the Arm," so I was pretty stoked when I saw they did. Anyways, I can't wait til I get to go to another Wilco show! :music

Hey, all! I'm new to this site. Infact, this is my first time being on here myself. I've seen my parents on here many times and thought I would give it a try. Last night's show at Purdue was my first Wilco show. I had an amazing time! Although Jeff was a bit emotional-as I knew he would be, I think he still put on an awesome show! My brother and I went with our parents. It was both of our's first time getting to see Wilco. Our seats were away from our parents, but it was all good. I actually called the first song. All day I had the feeling they would open with "A Shot in the Arm," so I was pretty stoked when I saw they did. Anyways, I can't wait til I get to go to another Wilco show! :music

who are your folks?

good to see you enjoyed the show :cheers

Hey there! It's Brent and Melinda! We're friends of Scott and Michelle and met you last night. In fact, had seats right behind you!

What a fantastic first show for us! We have been telling friends about this all day. My band practices in our garage so tomorrow I'll be out there with a stack of Wilco material just jammin' along and havin' a blast. We listened to the July 2nd Duluth show on the Wilco site several times today as well. I'm amazed that Melinda really liked it. It's not her normal "thing" to hear something outside of mainstream radio music.

We're forever grateful for the call from Scott with an extra pair of tickets! What a great great time we had.

Louie and Beth, thanks for guiding us through... We really enjoyed your company :)

As far as the somber mood was concerned it was fully understandable. A tip of the hat for going through with the show when it was probably the last thing he wanted to do. Our thought are with him and his family.

Yea, that was quite something. Wilco continues to be an exciting band no matter how many times you see them. Nels was on fire on Wednesday and the rest of the band seem to follow suit. Glad all the newbies were there to check them out.

LouieB

I didn't see Kingpin in the setlist... Do they not always play that one? Just wondering...

I thought that was one of the "standard" hits ya know...

I wanted to post my "wish list" for Huntsville, but I felt I shouldn't...

I'll just enjoy the surprizes the boys might play Monday night...

I have a friend who is a taper.I know he was there somewhere,but I don't know if he had his stuff w/ him.I'll try to pester him :D

they don't do Kingpin every show and did not do it at Purdue...(thankfully.)

Because of the more thoughtful nature of the show, they did songs a bit deeper than that one.

LouieB

That's good, they have so much more of a collection of songs, I love Kingpin, but I'd love to hear the more deeper songs... JT has to be a strong person to still perform during this time... Not sure I could be so strong if it was me, but I do hope the music helps to get him through this time...

I was at the 10/4/06 Lafayette show (it was incredible) and actually scored a set list! Here is the accurate list:

Shot in the Arm

Impossible Germany

One by One

Airline to Heaven

Handshake Drugs

I Am Trying to Break Your Heart

Company in My Back

At Least That's What You Said

Jesus, Etc.

Forget the Flowers

War on War

Via Chicago

Walken (interrupted by Tweedy)

Walken

I'm the Man Who Loves You

Hummingbird

First Encore:

In a Future Age

Theologians

Heavy Metal Drummer

new song listed as LNGC Away on set list

Late Greats

Monday

Second Encore:

(Spiders is listed here, but they did not play it)

What Light

Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...