Ghosts, Spirits, Phantasms etc.

calibeer mentioned that the sounds he hears upon his laundry room visits make him pee his pants.

Tis the season for ghost stories.

Let loose!

My childhood best friend lived in a ghost house. A previous owner committed suicide in the bathroom, and she just never left. He would talk about footsteps at night that the whole family would hear. One time in elementary school he left his basement bedroom in the middle of the night to use the bathroom and surprised a woman sitting on the bottom step of cellar stairs, who turned and ran up the stairs. He decided against going to the bathroom that night.

That same house continued its run of encounters as we grew older. In college, I was housesitting, I was alone in the pool at night, when I noticed a bedroom curtain was pulled back. As soon as I saw it, the curtain dropped back into place. I got out of the pool (to go teh hell home) and as I passed the picture window looking into the kitchen, the refrigerator door flew open wide and shut again, three or four times in a row. I went straight home in my wet bathing suit.

Now... let's hear about your interactions with teh beyond!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once when I was home alone, I stubbed my toe and screamed out an incredibly toxic barrage of profanity, but I suddenly stopped because I thought maybe my late grandmother would hear me, even though I don't believe in any of that stuff.

That's about it, really.

I went straight home in my wet bathing suit.

We all know the real reason it was wet.

I don't really have any good ghost stories, but i can tell you armhair-raising tales of farts that have lingered for several hours at a time.

Once when I was home alone, I stubbed my toe and screamed out an incredibly toxic barrage of profanity, but I suddenly stopped because I thought maybe my late grandmother would hear me, even though I don't believe in any of that stuff.

That's about it, really.

Great, I'm not sleeping tonight. Thanks.

calibeer mentioned that the sounds he hears upon his laundry room visits make him pee his pants.

Tis the season for ghost stories.

Let loose!

My childhood best friend lived in a ghost house. A previous owner committed suicide in the bathroom, and she just never left. He would talk about footsteps at night that the whole family would hear. One time in elementary school he left his basement bedroom in the middle of the night to use the bathroom and surprised a woman sitting on the bottom step of cellar stairs, who turned and ran up the stairs. He decided against going to the bathroom that night.

That same house continued its run of encounters as we grew older. In college, I was housesitting, I was alone in the pool at night, when I noticed a bedroom curtain was pulled back. As soon as I saw it, the curtain dropped back into place. I got out of the pool (to go teh hell home) and as I passed the picture window looking into the kitchen, the refrigerator door flew open wide and shut again, three or four times in a row. I went straight home in my wet bathing suit.

Now... let's hear about your interactions with teh beyond!

i liked that story, especially the fridge door bit. i don't believe in ghosts, but i do love ghost stories.

Ghost stories. Sorry if I wasn't clear about that in my initial post.

you were entirely clear. I was just starting to have some flashbacks and upon further and current reflection, I'm thinking, "maybe there were ghosts involved." The part about the bedroom curtain though reminded me of some in explicable movements of inanimate objects in the past, which may or may not have been influenced by entirely terrestrial factors...

I obviously have some issues to work through...

Well it is Wednesday and you know what that means: Sylvia Browne on Montel, she usually has good ideas on how to get rid of spirits, even though they will not hurt you but it is creepy hearing noises you can not explain or seeing things that are really not there.

There is supposedly a ghost in the Civic Theater where I spent a lot of time as a kid. It makes the requisite odd noises, and among other things, it's been rumored to play the piano in the downstairs green room -- in the dark, of course. I was down there working on something one night and someone hit the power for that part of the building. I heard the piano start to play at the other end of the long room, just as I was yelling that I was still downstairs and would you please turn the power back on. The lights came back on, the piano stopped, and by the time I turned to look, there was no one there.

Yeah, spooky. But I'm about 99.999997% sure that it was my friends trying to freak me out, so I've never given it much thought. There was a door to the front downstairs lobby right next to the piano, and it would have been easy to slip in and out unnoticed.

I was just starting to have some flashbacks and upon further and current reflection, I'm thinking, "maybe there were ghosts involved."

Just because you screamed like an 8-year old girl doesn't make your encounter with a cockroach a "ghost story".

I've never had any run ins with ghosts and such, but I did drive by George Reeve's old house everyday on my commute. They say it's supposed to be haunted, so I would just say a quick, "Hey George. How ya' doin'?" on my way by. Just in case. I just felt bad for him, since if he was really stuck in between here and the afterlife it must be relatively lonley. The least he could have done was fly along next to my car in his Superman suit... but NOOOOOO!

Sheesh. :hmm

Just because you screamed like an 8-year old girl doesn't make your encounter with a cockroach a "ghost story".

that is a very good point.

but what if it were not a cockroach after all? hmmm?

I forgot to say earlier, although this is really a non-story, that I went on a ghost hunt about 4 years ago on halloween in Pluckley which is the most haunted village in England (apparently).

pluckley info

we began in the pub to pluck up some courage, saw no ghost there, although that too is haunted, then walked the streets, finally finishing up for a couple of hours in the church yard at midnight until it got too cold and we drove off home. for all our bravado beforehand though, we never danced around the devil's bush (see the article for details)

weird.jpg

Wow, that is pretty creepy, I have seen orbs in photos but I have never saw a being. My friend and I went to some cemeteries around our area and took pictures and we had a lot of orbs and electric beams in them. My kids also tell me the upstairs here is haunted, my daughter had her picture taken in the hallway upstairs and there is an orb in the picture with her, and you can hear someone walking up there sometimes. My bassett hound also sets at the end of the stairs looking up there, they say little kids and animals can see things that we donot.

My ghost story, which everyone here has heard, I'm sure, involves some kind of entity locking me and the woman who would become my wife in the basement. She will deny it, but something threw the bolt that locked us down there, and it wasn't a cat.

Also, when I was a kid, I thought I saw a ghost (I told everyone it was a "spectre" because I thought that sounded cooler) when I was putting down the door to our garage, but on further inspection, it turned out it was just the reflection of my shadow off the dryer.

And in high school, on the eve of a school trip to the east coast, just as I was falling asleep, I swear I heard someone say "No" very loudly in my room. I'm sure my plane was supposed to crash or something, but the only bad thing that happened on that trip is my girlfriend and I broke up.