Fort Worth, TX 10/12

Just returned. Thought I would offer up a few highlights. First off, saw one taper, he said he would have the show on etree in a few days.

Opened with Airline to Heaven. Got my two favorites, Poor Places and Jesus, Etc, which Jeff prefaced with, "Ain't to proud to beg, but this song sounds great when you sing along." New songs, Impossible Germany, so much better live, Walken, fucking great, and Let's Not Get Carried Away, extended drum solo, with a false ending that had Nels and Jeff cracking up.

Two encores, second was Let's Not Get Carried Away and Kingpin. Before Let's Not Get Carried Away Jeff thanked the security guard in front of the stage for protecting him and singled out a woman in the front row who had given the guy a hard time. Jeff said she gave the security guy the finger and the he wouldn't have taken that from her. He proceed to sing Let's Not... at this woman and gave her the finger at one point. It was hillarious. During Kingpin Jeff said if we screamed, in the morning we would look prettier, or butts would be smaller and tighter and generally everything would be better.

Great show, Jeff said they were having a lot of fun, despite blowing out some kind of speaker at one point. Also got Via Chicago. I have seen around seven shows and this was by far the best. Band was great, having fun and the place sounded fantastic. I've got a ton of photos that I will cull through and see if any look good enough to share. I am done rambling, must sleep so I can teach in the morning.

:rock

Setlist

Airline to Heaven

I Am Trying to Break Your Heart

Handshake Drugs

Impossible Germany

Muzzle of Bees

Shot in the Arm

At Least That's What You Said

Poor Places

War on War

Jesus, Etc.

Walken

Theologians

I'm The Man Who Loves You

Via Chicago

Hummingbird

Encore 1:

Late Greats (dedicated to Dallas legend Bobby Patterson)

Ashes of American Flags

How to Fight Loneliness

Heavy Metal Drummer

Encore 2:

Let's Not Get Carried Away

Kingpin

No surprises but a great show nonetheless.

this was my 2nd time seeing them (last year i saw them at ACL) and OH MY GOD was i absolutely amazed. Impossible Germany was absolutely fantastic. i dug the altered verse of Heavy Metal Drummer ("she lifted up her shirt at the battle of the bands"...is that new or has he been doing that?) and of course the random explosions. and his seemingly endless banter on Kingpin. as well as the strange gesture of someone giving him a beer, even though he doesn't drink. what a great show!

My first time to see them, and I couldn't have been happier. They sounded absolutely amazing, and the venue was wonderful. California Stars and some more from Being There would have been nice though.

I got to see them perform California Stars at Tips in New Orleans back in the fall of '02 on the tour in support of YHF. I've seen them 3 times since and they've never played it again. Don't know if it is just my bad luck or if they've dropped it from regular rotation all together.

My first time to see them, and I couldn't have been happier. They sounded absolutely amazing, and the venue was wonderful. California Stars and some more from Being There would have been nice though.

i saw them in houston april '05 and they played california stars. i was speechless. i had been waiting a looong time to hear that live. it was amazing.

i saw them in houston april '05 and they played california stars. i was speechless. i had been waiting a looong time to hear that live. it was amazing.

we shared a fine moment then...

:thumbup

I got to see them perform California Stars at Tips in New Orleans back in the fall of '02 on the tour in support of YHF.

Oh boy, I really miss going to Tipitinas, its always been one of my favorite venues, I've never gone to that place and NOT had a good time. I'll never forget when I saw Medeski Martin & Wood there, talk about a mind-blowing experience.

Edit: I just noticed I'm not a cherry ghost anymore, let me pat myself on the back.

shiit. i was in the balcony. with shaneshaneshane up there

this show was so amazing for me. and probabl most everyone there.

except for a certain someone in the front row with a temper problem

I was about five rows back from here and to the right. Jeff was just busting her chops, she was cracking up the whole time.

Here is another photo for your enjoyment. From At Least That's What You Said

269285190_9f08b04d32.jpg