Haven't seen this mentioned:

(Page 45 of Nov. 2 Rolling Stone in the "Smoking Section" by Austin Scaggs)

"I just wish I shut up more," Wilco frontman Jeff Tweedy tells the Smoking Section about the fantastic new DVD 'Sunken Treasure', which documents life on the road during his recent solo tour. "Antyime I open my mouth and I'm not singing, I just want to crawl into a fucking electrical outlet." Though many of his offhand comments - onstage and on the bus - are existentially awesome, he sometimes offers a little too much information. "All I do is fart and swear, scratch my balls, play guitar, sleep and drink forty Diet cokes a day," he says after an audience member proposes. "Is that sexy?" But when Tweedy sings unaccompanied renditions of songs from his Wilco, Uncle Tupelo and Loose Fur catalogs, the results are brilliant. Tweedy adds that Wilco's new album is due next April. "We have twelve songs tracked," he says, name-dropping a hot cut called "Your Are My Face." "I'm really excited. If there's a theme running through the album, it's the theme of hope."

"All I do is fart and swear, scratch my balls, play guitar, sleep and drink forty Diet cokes a day," he says after an audience member proposes. "Is that sexy?"

He left out write mind-blowingly wonderful things. I could go for a man like that. :wub

Tweedy adds that Wilco's new album is due next April.

:dancing Yay! Just in time for my birthday! And I also haven't gotten the new issue yet ... slow mail, just one of the perks of living in rural America. BTW, many other mags have had cover stories on Wilco/Tweedy, so RS is just not as hip as they think they are! (But I still subscribe because it is so darn cheap!)

i haven't got it in the mail yet...

but i was wondering the other day, has there ever been a featured article on wilco in Rolling Stone? i've only been reading it regularly for about a year.

There was a fairly lengthy feature about Jeff right around the time he got out of rehab, but neither he nor the band have made the cover.