People like to 'borrow' my photo

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/feat...erview_Califone

It's under creative commons license on wikipedia. It's okay to reproduce, but not to manipulate (which they did), and it requires attribution (which they didn't).

They have it on their front page, and on the interview page. Sigh.

Sweet?? I'm flattered...but...

Don't just let them steamroll you. Contact them, quote the relevant portion of the Creative Commons license, and insist that they live up to their obligations (no manipulation, a credit for you).

I'll suggest that after they apologize profusely and offer me an executive-level salaried job doing nothing as compensation for violating the honor system and stealing my photo.

I was looking at some legal resources, and I guess it is feasible to sue (there is a free lawyer in Philly), but I don't want to anger the 'Fork. I'd much prefer if they credit me vs. remove my image entirely. I think I'd rather have it unattributed than nonexistent. It's my selfishness talking.

Yep, so I called 'em and it's all straightened out. They were nice about it.

Sweet! :rock

Glad that worked out. It was douchebaggery for them to swipe it, but I definitely give them credit for being gracious in fixing it.

will they be adding a review of your conversation with them?

Interestingly, this may have opened a tiny, tiny door for me. The guy said "if you need anything else, or to pitch anything to us, just email me at my email address."

So I have some schemes in the works.

Anyway, I think that it was an honest mistake on their part.

To celebrate, I'm opening up/installing my new Audio Technica turntable and busting out some Steely Dan. :)

will they be adding a review of your conversation with them?

owl

please credit me for the photo you stole

(independent)

so, i was thinking about photos. photographs. those things that save the images in our minds.

[insert convoluted partially related 1200wd prose]

[best new music]