BBC Streams The Good, The Bad, And The Queen

I like their single - cheers for this, going to listen to it now... I'm certainly intrigued by this project...

They were on Newsnight last night, talking and playing a little bit. Paul Simonon looked like he'd been in a fight or something a while back - his nose was bruised and both his eyes looked like they were recently black. I am interested to hear a full album too.

This sounds a very intruiging project. I liked what I have heard so far. How far has Albarn come as an artist from the endless shite over Britpop wars with the Eyebrow brothers?

Phew! For a minute there my media player started with Kasabian!! :realmad

I have been watching this on BBCi, and was very impressed with The Good The Bad & The Queen - it seems as though Albarn has grasped his old Kinks-friendly nettle, only this time mixed with a some devilish African percussion and skanking bass melodies. Will be intrigued to hear how the recorded material sounds, as I believe the album has been produced by Danger Mouse.

I witnessed the above after initially watching ten minutes of Kasabian. Man alive, are they f**kin terrible or what? A four-piece band expanded in the live arena to a five-piece band and backed by a philharmonic orchestra and all they have on offer is 5 minute songs that drone half an idea (be it a feeble guitar melody, or shuffling drum rhythm) to a slow but early death. They dress like they're in the Avengers, the music isn't too far away. The orchestra were the most inspired accompaniment to the music, and frankly, they looked bored and concerned with if a couple of their numbers had come up on the lottery. Embarassing.

I watched the good athe bad and the queen and was decidely underwhelmed. Maybe the studio will help those songs. I was saddened at how Paul Simonon seemed to have fairly mediocore bass lines, I loved him with The Clash. The band seemed to be going for a real simple thing that hadn't quite gelled yet. Maybe the record will have something but I thought the show missed.