The "Jimmy" guy nailed the look, the others not so much. There are some really good Zep tributes out there. Most of the real good ones are in the UK.

I used to spend time just killing time looking at the bands over at http://www.tribute-band.com/. It's good for a laugh as well as finding some cool trib bands. I tried to start a Cream trib a few years back but I couldn't find others in my area that wanted to devote their free music time to only Cream.

The "Jimmy" guy nailed the look, the others not so much. There are some really good Zep tributes out there. Most of the real good ones are in the UK.

I used to spend time just killing time looking at the bands over at http://www.tribute-band.com/. It's good for a laugh as well as finding some cool trib bands. I tried to start a Cream trib a few years back but I couldn't find others in my area that wanted to devote their free music time to only Cream.

Plus one of you would have to get a perm.

The Iron Maidens

if any of you ever has a chance to see the australian pink floyd show, GO!!!!

Link to their site

jumpin jesus, analogman I owe you a giant thank-you. I just went to their site to add the link to this post, and lo and behold they're playing in Houston this Sat. night. Just got 4 tickets.

When we saw these guys last year, they opened with dark side of the moon. the whole freakin' album, uninterrupted. they have the laser light show, spot on equipment, tone, etc., backing female vocals. if you close your eyes, you are listening to pink floyd. it's just mind-blowing, even for only casual floyd fans.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theremin

and (I think)

Electric motor having a rotor supported by a holder member which is angularly fixed to a printed circuit board

Document Type and Number: United States Patent 5942821

Link to this Page: http://www.freepatentsonline.com/5942821.html

Abstract: A holder member fixing apparatus of a motor facilitates the fixing of a holder member without requiring a separate jig by fixing the holder member to the upper portion of a substrate via a printed circuit board and forming a position setting hole for previously setting the fixing position of the holder member into the printed circuit board. The apparatus includes a holder member which is inserted with a rotating shaft in the center thereof and is formed with a backing stand for placing a rotor thereon to the lower portion of the outer periphery thereof, and a substrate having a plurality of couplers to the upper portion thereof to be fixedly coupled by being inserted with a plurality of brackets radially-formed along the outer periphery of the backing stand. Also, a printed circuit board fixedly installed to the upper portion of the substrate while overlapping thereon is formed with a position setting hole for leading the holder member to place to a correct position, thereby requiring no separate jig.

I caught a really good Floyd cover band last summer called "The Machine".They did a stunning version of Astronomy Domine',and a double encore of Bike>One Of These Days. :music

For those that are so inclined,a band from Boulder called Phix is amazingly good.They do Phish even better than Dark Star Orchestra does the GD,imo.

I saw 1964 a few years back. They sounded fantastic, but after the show I was down by the stage and realized that I was glad I'd seen them from the balcony.

They have the physical mannerisms absolutely mastered -- from Harrison's goofy little dancing to Lennon's stance and McCartney's swinging of his bass (and their bassist is a lefty, unlike some Beatles tribute bands). But up close ... meh. The Harrison guy looks like Harrison did in the late '80s/early '90s. Their Ringo is about right, but also looks older. Lennon and McCartney -- nothing like 'em.

Still ... a pretty damn good show. Seats in the back recommended.