Damn, damn, damn.

The place we booked for our wedding called last night....they're closing. Back to square one. The really shitty thing is that we loved the place for its uniqueness and we didn't find anything else we liked nearly as much. We're trying to stay away from the traditional banquet hall thing, which is mostly what's available around here. I'm about ready to elope.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The place we booked for our wedding called last night....they're closing. Back to square one. The really shitty thing is that we loved the place for its uniqueness and we didn't find anything else we liked nearly as much. We're trying to stay away from the traditional banquet hall thing, which is mostly what's available around here. I'm about ready to elope.

Did you get your deposit back? Are there any mansions in Locash? :lol

Deposit's coming back to us, thank god.

We're not getting married in a church, we're doing the whole shebang in one place.

If my company thinks I'm getting any work done today they're crazy. :lol

Oh, one of those deals.

Well, after calling/emailing every place we could find that's not a standard banquet hall, there is NOTHING available in the state of CT for May 19th (or any other date in the spring wedding season) that can accomodate the number of guests we have. Not in our price range anyway.

This fucking sucks. We're probably going to postpone it to the fall now so we don't pull our hair out trying to make new arrangements while competing with all the other people who got screwed by the venue.

Besides that, I've been told by several people that we're never going to find a place of the same caliber in the same price range because they undercharged which is the reason they went out of business. So on top of everything else, it's now going to be at least $20 a head extra wherever we end up. Which of course throws our budget off. We've already given deposits to the DJ, florist, photographer......

Where are the lawyers in here? I don't think I have any legal recourse but I did sign a contract that says nothing about termination by the venue....

Well, after calling/emailing every place we could find that's not a standard banquet hall, there is NOTHING available in the state of CT for May 19th (or any other date in the spring wedding season) that can accomodate the number of guests we have. Not in our price range anyway.

This fucking sucks. We're probably going to postpone it to the fall now so we don't pull our hair out trying to make new arrangements while competing with all the other people who got screwed by the venue.

Besides that, I've been told by several people that we're never going to find a place of the same caliber in the same price range because they undercharged which is the reason they went out of business. So on top of everything else, it's now going to be at least $20 a head extra wherever we end up. Which of course throws our budget off. We've already given deposits to the DJ, florist, photographer......

Where are the lawyers in here? I don't think I have any legal recourse but I did sign a contract that says nothing about termination by the venue....

you would need to look at each contract as to the deposits, although considering how far off the date is, you might have a good shot at recouping some of those deposits if you made a big enough stink about it--logic being that those deposits really aren't justifiable damages since the vendors could find alternate gigs on such a distant date. I'd be happy to help in any way I can from down here in the Rick Perry state.

Thanks. :)

I'm not worried about the deposits because I'd still want to use the same vendors, so we can just change the date with them and have them hang onto the money.

It's more the fact that they've ruined pretty much any chance we have at keeping the date we set, and because of them we're going to have to spend a lot more now. I suppose it's more of a "mental anguish" case. :lol I don't know if there's anything we can do to them for breaking their contract either.