from their MySpace page

The Shins are pleased to announce upcoming dates in February with special

guest Viva Voce. A limited number of tickets have been held for The Shins

fans and will be available through a special presale through Ducat King. By

buying tickets through this presale, you'll be able to get your tickets

before anyone else AND save some money on service charges. Presale tickets

ON SALE NOW!

To BUY TICKETS go to: http://theshins.ducatking.com

Feb 08: Minneapolis, MN @ First Avenue (18+)

Feb 09: Milwaukee, WI @ Eagles Ballroom

Feb 10: Chicago, IL @ Congress Theater

Feb 11: St. Louis, MO @ Pageant

Feb 12: Lawrence, KS @ Liberty Hall

Feb 13: Lawrence, KS @ Liberty Hall

Feb 15: Denver, CO @ Fillmore Auditorium (16 +)

Feb 16: Salt Lake City, UT @ In The Venue

Feb 17: Boise, ID @ Egyptian Theatre

Feb 20: Seattle, WA @ Paramount Theater

Feb 21: Portland, OR @ Crystal Ballroom

To hear about the latest Shins news and updates, check out:

http://theshins.com/

The Shins latest release "Wincing The Night Away" is in stores January 23,

2007!

To see other shows available through Ducat King Ticketing:

http://www.ducatking.com

^ Saw Viva Voce open for Death Cab last year when they played London. I thought they were really great.

Hopefully The Shins will come over to the UK in the summer...

Thanks for posting this. :D Very excited to see the Lawrence dates...

Wow! Two Lawrence dates. Love Liberty Hall!

Also, if I recall correctly, they're to be on SNL tonight. (Might be next week - memory's shot. :blush )

Yeah, I can't believe two dates?! (Too bad they are on a Monday/Tuesday though...oh well...what's sleep during the work week anyway!) :yawn B)

Will have to check out SNL too...thanks! :)

SNL is next week. :)

Thanks, Mystik :P Wishful thinking that it was tonight.

Got my tix for 2/12 (also hubby's bday). I'm a grad student and will be skipping my stats class that night to go to the show. Will be looking for a nice, legitimate-sounding excuse. Don't tell the prof that I'll really be doing this -----> :dancing :rock

Hey Clouds of Fluff, where are you located? I'm a country girl, about 35 miles away from Lawrence. I'll be dragging Tuesday a.m., too. Work at 8:30 a.m., with an hour commute. (Sigh.) Good thing I have that dandy new espresso machine.

We are out in the country too turtlegirl37! Only more like 100 miles from Larry---we live outside of Emporia in the Flint Hills. (Do you know where that is?)

Thinking of the show on the 12th as well, but will probably wait a day or two to get tix...hopefully it won't sell out. :unsure

Are you at KU then? I was in grad school there and took stats as well (okay it's been a *cough* few years ago)...ugh. :( I certainly think a night of :dancing could only help renew your motivation and excitement to learn even more about stats...in fact I think it would be quite necessary. :P (I'm sure your prof would agree too.) ;)

oh, and Wendy, it seems we like a lot of the same music! (funny that.) :P Well, of course, the obvious...but Finns, Shins...and now I see my fave Ryan Adams album on your signature. ;)

Peaceful Valley :wub

oh, and Wendy, it seems we like a lot of the same music! (funny that.) :P Well, of course, the obvious...but Finns, Shins...

I know! :w00t I love it when that happens! I'm assuming you are a Fruit Bats fan as well? Beulah?

...and now I see my fave Ryan Adams album on your signature. ;)

Peaceful Valley :wub

I am preparing for the Jan 18th show. :dancing

We are out in the country too turtlegirl37! Only more like 100 miles from Larry---we live outside of Emporia in the Flint Hills. (Do you know where that is?)

Thinking of the show on the 12th as well, but will probably wait a day or two to get tix...hopefully it won't sell out. :unsure

Are you at KU then? I was in grad school there and took stats as well (okay it's been a *cough* few years ago)...ugh. :( I certainly think a night of :dancing could only help renew your motivation and excitement to learn even more about stats...in fact I think it would be quite necessary. :P (I'm sure your prof would agree too.) ;)

I totally know the Flint Hills. My sis went to ESU, and my extended fam is in OK, so I have driven through your area many many times. I think it's beautiful out there. In fact, my son wants to take his friends to the Tall Grass Reserve area for his bday.

Not at KU. I work and go to school in lovely Johnson County. :hmm Hoping to ditch that scene pretty soon, as I graduate in May and greener pastures beckon (literally). I'm sure my prof will find your explanation to be quite satisfactory.

I totally know the Flint Hills. My sis went to ESU, and my extended fam is in OK, so I have driven through your area many many times. I think it's beautiful out there. In fact, my son wants to take his friends to the Tall Grass Reserve area for his bday.

Aww, very nice. Your son has good taste! :) (how old is he?) It's tough making a living here, but it's the hills that keep us trying I think. And we know lots about ESU as well. LOL (hubby graduated from there...and worked there...and...) ;)

Not at KU. I work and go to school in lovely Johnson County. :hmm

Aww, I'm sorry. Actually if it's any of the schools I know of there, they are all quite good. :yes I actually lived there briefly (in Johnson County)...luckily went to school in the "city" which made it more tolerable. :hmm Was glad to high-tail it outta there myself after graduation...

Hoping to ditch that scene pretty soon, as I graduate in May and greener pastures beckon (literally). I'm sure my prof will find your explanation to be quite satisfactory.

Congratulations! Here's to greener pastures and country living. :cheers

We are officially going to the show on the 12th now...so maybe we'll see you there. ;)

Aww, very nice. Your son has good taste! :) (how old is he?) It's tough making a living here, but it's the hills that keep us trying I think. And we know lots about ESU as well. LOL (hubby graduated from there...and worked there...and...) ;)

Aww, I'm sorry. Actually if it's any of the schools I know of there, they are all quite good. :yes I actually lived there briefly (in Johnson County)...luckily went to school in the "city" which made it more tolerable. :hmm Was glad to high-tail it outta there myself after graduation...

Congratulations! Here's to greener pastures and country living. :cheers

We are officially going to the show on the 12th now...so maybe we'll see you there. ;)

My younger son will be 9 in June. All of his peeps are nature kids, too, so it ought to make a nice trip. SNL was disappointing, IMHO, but looking forward to the 12th!

"Phantom Limb" is not really blowing my mind.