more Tulsa pics

Dude might wanna hit the gym every now and again.

And that guy right up front putzing with the cellphone - I'm sure it was something that COULD NOT WAIT 'till after the show. Hope Jeff wasn't distracting the guy.

yeah it kinda looks like that jeff is lookin right at the guy thinkin "wtf" :realmad

Dude might wanna hit the gym every now and again.

And that guy right up front putzing with the cellphone - I'm sure it was something that COULD NOT WAIT 'till after the show. Hope Jeff wasn't distracting the guy.

He might have been posting a message on VC: "Hey, he's playing Acuff Rose RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!!!!"

:banana

He might have been posting a message on VC: "Hey, he's playing Acuff Rose RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!!!!"

:banana

i have a huge confession to make. that little fat guy putzing with the cell phone is me. i was actually taking a picture of jeff so that when i awakened in the morning i would have some documentation that i was really 5 feet away from tweedy while he was tearing through acuff-rose. even while i was taking the picture i was thinking, put down the f-ing phone and just take in the moment. i'm actually pretty embarrassed that the photo caught that, because i would have thought the same thing that everyone else is saying about some jackass on the front row messing with his phone.

i have a huge confession to make. that little fat guy putzing with the cell phone is me. i was actually taking a picture of jeff so that when i awakened in the morning i would have some documentation that i was really 5 feet away from tweedy while he was tearing through acuff-rose. even while i was taking the picture i was thinking, put down the f-ing phone and just take in the moment. i'm actually pretty embarrassed that the photo caught that, because i would have thought the same thing that everyone else is saying about some jackass on the front row messing with his phone.

Levon,

I knew what you were doing! No worries mate

I was just cropped out of that pic... holding up the wasted hippy who had squeezed to the front for Acuff.

if that guy with the phone was 1 meter closer to the stage, jeff could kick the phone right outta his hands

hey, hey, hey. i've already apologized earlier in the thread. i swear by all that is holy, that is the first time in 6 wilco/tweedy shows that i have ever pulled out a phone. i usually even turn it off. for some reason i wanted to get a picture to document how close i was and to have some kind of tangible record of one of the most amazing shows i've seen. i promise you, i am one of the most reverent fans you will ever meet and my enthusiasm/obsession with tweedy goes back to the march and anodyne days. if i could go back, keep the fucking phone in my pocket, and not have my one weak-willed live show moment documented forever, i would. i don't know what else to do other than offer my humblest apologies to the via chicago elite and next time keep the phone in the truck.

levonhelm9, lets see your pic.

i'm pretty technically ignorant as evidenced by me having to look down at the phone to figure out how to take a picture. how do i get the picture from my phone onto the computer? can i email it or something? like i said i'm pretty dumb when it comes to this stuff.

tweedy_cains.jpg pretty blurry huh? and not really worth the grief i've caught for taking it. lesson learned!!! still had a great time though and will go down in my books as truly a great night. the tulsa world reviewed the show and made mention of all the talking and rowdiness. i guess i was kind of insulated from it by being up front and kind of in my own world being that close to jeff.
tweedy_cains.jpg pretty blurry huh? and not really worth the grief i've caught for taking it. lesson learned!!! still had a great time though and will go down in my books as truly a great night. the tulsa world reviewed the show and made mention of all the talking and rowdiness. i guess i was kind of insulated from it by being up front and kind of in my own world being that close to jeff.

thats a sweet pic :rock

• 3 weeks later...

Don't apologise.... it's not like you actually did anything wrong.