Austin 1/23/07

Another outstanding show, and a great crowd.

Someone from Marfa made Jeff a t-shirt saying "Jeff Leopard: Pour some Tweedy on me"

Hopefully there was a recorder there. A lot of hilarious banter went on tonight.

Anyone get a set list?

Edit: I'm an idiot...I meant 07.

I don't remember the exact set list, but it at least had these songs (some of which are actually in the right order):

patient with me (new song)

she's a jar

remember the mountain bed

blasting fonda

black eye

I am trying to break your heart

chinese apple !!!

one by one

hesitating beauty

ruling class

spiders (kidsmoke)

I'm the man who loves you

encore:

theologians

jesus, etc.

shot in the arm

new madrid !!!

gun

2nd encore (no PA):

dreamer in my dreams

acuff rose

It was a great show

that was probably the best show i've ever seen. and i got to meet him afterwards, which was incredible. i'm still in shock, because you know, that's like my John Lennon or something. and he was right there. and i took a picture with him. I was so surprised to hear Chinese Apple (which was amazing.) wooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaah. so shocked.

great show... a bit short imo... i guess cause he's playing tomorrow in austin too. he also played "what light" at some point

i clearly heard him sing "there's a light, what light. there's a light, one light. there's a light, white light"... not sure if there is still anyone wondering about the actual lyrics.

also... watching him play i had a good look at his fingerings on most of the songs... we seem to be way off on a lot of them with regard to the tabs. he needs to just tab every song he has ever played and sell a tab book.

I'm so happy he played Gun! and there were a lot of great songs I wasn't expecting.

But, did he screw up gun a little bit on that guitar part towards the end? (Right after theres a slight pause and he plays a few quick notes)

I doubt he "screwed up" on it. Jeff has the right to play the songs however he feels live. Just like I heard some dude saying he botched "children in the playground, folks in the home(at the show)." on Acuff Rose. The only real mess up was the lead out to Acuff Rose, which he lauged about.

great show... a bit short imo... i guess cause he's playing tomorrow in austin too. he also played "what light" at some point

i clearly heard him sing "there's a light, what light. there's a light, one light. there's a light, white light"... not sure if there is still anyone wondering about the actual lyrics.

also... watching him play i had a good look at his fingerings on most of the songs... we seem to be way off on a lot of them with regard to the tabs. he needs to just tab every song he has ever played and sell a tab book.

I think this has more to do with Jeff's guitars tuned differently than the way it is tabbed out. I noticed this also.

here is a setlist:

01. Patient With Me

02. She's A Jar

03. Remember the Mountain Bed

04. I am Trying to Break Your Heart

05. Blasting Fonda

06. Black Eye

07. Chinese Apple

08. The Ruling Class

09. Spiders (Kidsmoke)

10. One By One

11. Hesitating Beauty

12. What Light

--

13. New Madrid

14. A Shot in the Arm

15. Theologians

16. Jesus, etc.

17. Gun

18. I'm the Man Who Loves You

--

19. Dreamer in my Dreams

20. Acuff Rose

here is a setlist:

01. Patient With Me

02. She's A Jar

03. Remember the Mountain Bed

04. I am Trying to Break Your Heart

05. Blasting Fonda

06. Black Eye

07. Chinese Apple

08. The Ruling Class

09. Spiders (Kidsmoke)

10. One By One

11. Hesitating Beauty

12. What Light

--

13. New Madrid

14. A Shot in the Arm

15. Theologians

16. Jesus, etc.

17. Gun

18. I'm the Man Who Loves You

--

19. Dreamer in my Dreams

20. Acuff Rose

Hey Brian, I just emailed you. I was the guy sitting behind you. Thanks for the setlist, welcome to VC. The recording sounds great, I guess you can take it from here instead of email me about it. Thanks again.

well, if it isn't mr. graves who taped the show. awesome. haven't talked you in forever. i think i lost your email. did you get both nights? would it be possible for me to get both of them uncompressed? i don't tape anymore, so i don't really have anything new to offer. the quality is great, as usual...

hey guys, i found a torrent of the show at the trader's den:

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showth...3&torr=true

hey toni! nice to hear from you again. yeah, i got both nights. if you don't mind torrents, i am putting both shows up at the trader's den (one is here http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showth...&torr=true). or i can just send you cds if you would prefer that.

brian

hey guys, i found a torrent of the show at the trader's den:

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showth...3&torr=true

hey toni! nice to hear from you again. yeah, i got both nights. if you don't mind torrents, i am putting both shows up at the trader's den (one is here http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showth...&torr=true). or i can just send you cds if you would prefer that.

brian

i can definitely do torrents. just let us know when you get em up. i'm at work right now, so i can't check out this one you just posted, but i'm sure yours is better. ;)

i really do need to get new gear, so i can start taping myself again. thank god for you! you've helped me out too many times. i can't wait to hear the full sets!!

Is there a way to just post Dreamer In my Dreams as an mp3 like sorcbet did with She's A Jar? Thanks a million.

That was Brian, not me. Give credit where credits due. :thumbup

Edit: The show just finished downloading. It sounds incredible. I don't know what more to say about it, but this is one of already one of the best recordings I have of Jeff. Can't wait to hear the second night.

That was Brian, not me. Give credit where credits due. :thumbup

Edit: The show just finished downloading. It sounds incredible. I don't know what more to say about it, but this is one of already one of the best recordings I have of Jeff. Can't wait to hear the second night.

]

Whoops. Sorry about that. You're the man, Brian. By the way, thanks for putting up with a newbie making high falutin' requests. (and for crediting the wrong people. Although socbret, you do owe some credit for pointing out my incorrect crediting credit mishap.) :) I'll try out the torrent thing again. But Brian, if you do want to post an mp3 of Dreamer, I would appreciate it! If not, that's cool too.

I never thought I'd ever use 'high falutin'. It's kind of fun. I'll have to try to incorporate that into my dialogue.