I'd tap it. ;)

By the way, you might want to note which show you're referring to, since it usually takes a few weeks for tapers to get the stuff on the Internets.

Sorry for the slip of the finger....(SP)...... 1-29-07 JT @152 Luckie St. HotLanta. Now I would like to correct you... I does not take even 1 day to transmit(upload) certain formats of audio data... hours even; being a former digital taper I can confirm this. I traded my equipment for a Les Paul... much more enjoyment

Sure, it's possible to get it out in one day. But tapers have lives, too; you can't expect posting a show to be everyone's top priority.

Also, just a reminder, VC's policy is to wait a week before requesting a show, for that very reason, to give the tapers a chance to collect themselves after a show. That policy is posted in the Trading forum, but maybe it should go over here too, since a lot of people do post requests here.

Sure, it's possible to get it out in one day. But tapers have lives, too; you can't expect posting a show to be everyone's top priority.

Also, just a reminder, VC's policy is to wait a week before requesting a show, for that very reason, to give the tapers a chance to collect themselves after a show. That policy is posted in the Trading forum, but maybe it should go over here too, since a lot of people do post requests here.

I did not ask where it may be found on VC. Simply if anyone knows if the show was taped. I very rarely download anything from VC as there are many more sites much more vast. SO. back to the original question; does anyone know if the 1-29-07 JT show was recorded?

I did not ask where it may be found on VC. Simply if anyone knows if the show was taped. I very rarely download anything from VC as there are many more sites much more vast. SO. back to the original question; does anyone know if the 1-29-07 JT show was recorded?

no, it wasn't. they weren't letting tapers into the venue.

Patience there, grasshopper...the show took place merely 24 hours ago. Give it a little more time than one day. In the Tabernacle, (which I assume you're referring to) I usually clamp onto the balcony railing DFC, so if you didn't see stands on the floor, that might be why :)

Patience there, grasshopper...the show took place merely 24 hours ago. Give it a little more time than one day. In the Tabernacle, (which I assume you're referring to) I usually clamp onto the balcony railing DFC, so if you didn't see stands on the floor, that might be why :)

First Balcony DFC is where the tapers be at....usually clamped....so you won't see em unless you know where to look. Agreed....a little patience goes a long way.

I spotted a taper at the ATL show on the main floor in the back middle row. I believe he used a stand. His response to my asking if the show would be posted somewhere was that it would never be posted because it was horrible.

Apparently the acoustics of the Tabernacle sucked and he seemed highly pissed for some reason. He said it was the "worst of the tour". I assume he meant the taping aspect because I thought the show was great.

Hopefully there other tapers in the balcony.

Yeah, I saw a taper with a stand next to the soundboard at the Tabernacle. I'm guessing noise from the bar could have also posed a problem. The bar was like 10 feet behind the SBD, and you could hear bottles clanking, ice machines, etc.

I didn't see any mics clamped to the balcony railing, but I couldn't see up into the balcony seats.

to all the naysayers.. eat my shorts!

http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=503852

I spotted a taper at the ATL show on the main floor in the back middle row. I believe he used a stand. His response to my asking if the show would be posted somewhere was that it would never be posted because it was horrible.

Apparently the acoustics of the Tabernacle sucked and he seemed highly pissed for some reason. He said it was the "worst of the tour". I assume he meant the taping aspect because I thought the show was great.

Hopefully there other tapers in the balcony.

I saw that guy too. He was upset at a couple who spilled a beer on and knocked over his deck while cutting through an area that was not supposed to be walked through (between the last row and the SBD) in an effort to get out of the venue during the last song. He did not think it was the worst show of the tour (actually it was a very good performance and setlist), just the worst sounding venue from the few he had seen. He said it would be put up on the VC tracker.

to all the naysayers.. eat my shorts!

http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=503852

Funny on several different levels:

1. It is NOT the show you are referring to in the original post (which was Atlanta? why didn't you just say the Tabernacle, instead of giving the venue's address?)

2. That is a link to the show that I TAPED in Birmingham!

Try to have your facts right before acting like an ass :thumbup

1. It is NOT the show you are referring to in the original post (which was Atlanta? why didn't you just say the Tabernacle, instead of giving the venue's address?)

I don't think he was acting

I thought that stunt would get your attention. the only question that I asked to begin with was if the show was taped.. I apologize for being a fan among you guys who have nothing better to do than criticize people. I taped shows myself for years and I understand the nostalgia and excitement of collecting all of the shows that I have seen. I will refrain from ever consulting this forum again.

I thought that stunt would get your attention. the only question that I asked to begin with was if the show was taped.. I apologize for being a fan among you guys who have nothing better to do than criticize people. I taped shows myself for years and I understand the nostalgia and excitement of collecting all of the shows that I have seen. I will refrain from ever consulting this forum again.

You should feel free to come here any time you want. People are just bugging you because you seem to be taking this incredibly seriously. I'm sure that if people had more info about this show, they'd help you out immediately. I certainly would.

There are also plenty of Tweedy shows out there to enjoy in the meantime, while any tapers prepare and upload (if it's meant to be) this one that you attended.

Life's too short (or too long).