Nice to see some Jason Isbell solo dates with his own band. Can't wait to hear his new record. Maybe that is why DBT as a band have fever dates planned for 2007, because Jason and Patterson both have solo records coming out, at least that's the way I understand it.

This apparently is Jason Isbell's MySpace page and it appears to be run by himself. In one of his posts, he says the solo CD is due March or April, and that is all I can find. I hope that's still true anyway. It has apparently been done since 2004. He's connected to this touring agency as a solo artist (with a very nice picture, BTW) ... so that's about all I can dig up. I should be working, but Jason Isbell is an easy distraction. :music I love "Dress Blues" -- if you haven't heard it, it should be somewhere on Youtube.

Dress Blues is amazing. He performed it the last time I saw the Truckers. It's a tear-jerker, and standing 2 feet from him while he played it was almost too much for me to take!

Thanks for the info....going to add him to my friend list right now!

He's not really 27 years old is he??? And why does it say he's single?

He could well be 27. I met him in Indy 2 years ago, and he looked really young. I think he joined the band at 22.

Re: Single -- I noticed that as well. I'm thinking he and Shonna might not be together. I do not know for sure, of course, but some months ago I remember reading a thread at Nine Bullets that raised the topic of some marital problems between them, but I dismissed it as just forum gossip or whatever -- and the thread maybe was taken down (not sure, I don't go there much anymore). But maybe there was some truth to that. I mean, it would have to be really difficult to live that kind of a hard-drinking, hard-rocking, hard-touring musician's life and not have it affect a marriage. Hmmm.

Regardless, he's such a talented man and very sweet to his fans ... "Is that Wendy with an I?" in the most adorable southern drawl. :blush Coolest of all -- he spent a long time talking to my friend's 10-year-old son who plays guitar. ;)