Haven't Heard Them Yet. Help?

Hey all,

So, like all of you I'm sure, I'm super stoked for the new record, and an early summer release date just seems perfect. I've heard a lot of the new songs, but I've read people on here talking about Sky Blue Sky and Side with The Seeds. I know Sky Blue Sky is the LP title, but is it a new song too?

If someone has the time, could they please post Sky Blue Sky and Side with The Seeds for me? I'd really appreciate it.

Many thanks,

-N

Jeff wrote "Lullaby for Rafters and Beams" awhile ago to be included in the short film Zamboni Man. On this tour, however, it has been showing up on setlists with the title "Sky Blue Sky." Same song, but perhaps it's getting a new title for its official release as a Wilco song.

Seriously, "Lullaby for Rafters and Beams" is a beautiful title for a beautiful song.

Is it "Beams" or "Dreams"? I've seen it both ways recently, and I have to say that I'm heavily in favor of "Beams". If so, great title. If not...not so much.

Sky Blue Sky works better as an album title than a song title.

I'll be even more disappointed if they rechristen it "Sky Blue Sky" than if they end up calling TtMAB "Walken." Seriously, "Lullaby for Rafters and Beams" is a beautiful title for a beautiful song.

whats ttmab?

you people and your abbreviations on this board.

Guest Speed Racer

Haha, if 'On & On & On' and 'Let's Fight' make the record, Sky Blue Sky might be the soundtrack for said hypothetical movie. :hmm

The more I listen to the live tracks the more they grow on me, but as I prefer darker music in general, Sky Blue Sky might not fit the bill. Unless the subtitle is, 'Just Like My Track Marks.' :lol

Haha, if 'On & On & On' and 'Let's Fight' make the record, Sky Blue Sky might be the soundtrack for said hypothetical movie. :hmm

The more I listen to the live tracks the more they grow on me, but as I prefer darker music in general, Sky Blue Sky might not fit the bill. Unless the subtitle is, 'Just Like My Track Marks.' :lol

:yay. I don't know if I am ready for an incredibly upbeat Wilco record yet, either. Even AM has some darker moments. The new stuff is really a mixed bag and it will be interesting to see how it fits together as a whole on the record, ideally it could be something like Ghost where the record as a whole makes up for some of the weaker parts. Shake if Off, Lullabys, Be Patient With Me and Side With The Seeds have calmed a lot of my fears, this might not be their best album, but I am confident it won't be a big let down.

--Mike

:yay. I don't know if I am ready for an incredibly upbeat Wilco record yet, either. Even AM has some darker moments. The new stuff is really a mixed bag and it will be interesting to see how it fits together as a whole on the record, ideally it could be something like Ghost where the record as a whole makes up for some of the weaker parts. Shake if Off, Lullabys, Be Patient With Me and Side With The Seeds have calmed a lot of my fears, this might not be their best album, but I am confident it won't be a big let down.

--Mike

I think I'm alone here, but I am incredibly stoked for the new record, more so than I was for YHF or AGIB. I believe Jeff said once at some solo show or something that he is tired of "deep meaning lyrics" or something to that effect, and I echo that completely. Don't get me wrong, I love me some deep, introspective songwriting, but not right now, now in this time. I want some loose, bar-band, bluesy tunes, and the new stuff they've been playing live has been going down like tonic for me--especially Walken and Lets Not Get Carried Away. I think this is a natural progression for Jeff as a songwriter, and the band as a hole, and I have only heard one new song that I haven't loved: What Light. Sky Blue Sky is going to the right record at the right time.

Talking to Myself About You, which, in my opinion, is a horrible name for the song.

Yeah, better to name it after an actor.

Because, you know, that makes sense. Completely.

Sky Blue Sky works better as an album title than a song title.

My thoughts exactly. There's certainly precedent one could cite for naming a record after a lyric rather than a song title. I like Sky Blue Sky as an album title.