One very cool birthday card

Ok, so I got some very nice cards for my birthday last week, but today I received a belated one that would be hard to top. :D It's a gorgeous shimmery green and silver card. The front shows a tall birthday cake & the word "Celebrate!"

But the inside is best. On my birthday, January 27th, Scott McCaughey (opening as "The Minus 2") and Jeff Tweedy played a show at the Alabama Theatre in Birmingham, AL. It seems a certain beloved pal of mine named Bonnie (known to you all as Maddie Hope) snagged the guys following the show, and gave them the card to sign! So I've got warm birthday wishes from two of my very favorite musicians....."with love from Birminghey", as Scott wrote.

Too cool. :lol Bonnie, you've outdone yourself! :thumbup :cheekkiss What a great memento of this birthday!

It hurts a bit less, getting older. :lol :wub

Thank you, all you sweet people, but really I just wanted to throw some appreciation Maddie's way, because I think that was such a very cool & thoughtful thing for her to have done for me. It was the very first time she'd gotten to talk to Jeff after a show, and she spent part of that time just trying to make a friend happy. :wub Neato.

There should be more people like her in the world.....and thank you also to Jeff and Scott for the well-wishes and for going along with Maddie's little plot! :thumbup

She even mailed from Birmingham before she left...the envelope bears the Birmingham postmark. :)

Ok, so I got some very nice cards for my birthday last week, but today I received a belated one that would be hard to top. :D It's a gorgeous shimmery green and silver card. The front shows a tall birthday cake & the word "Celebrate!"

But the inside is best. On my birthday, January 27th, Scott McCaughey (opening as "The Minus 2") and Jeff Tweedy played a show at the Alabama Theatre in Birmingham, AL. It seems a certain beloved pal of mine named Bonnie (known to you all as Maddie Hope) snagged the guys following the show, and gave them the card to sign! So I've got warm birthday wishes from two of my very favorite musicians....."with love from Birminghey", as Scott wrote.

Too cool. :lol Bonnie, you've outdone yourself! :thumbup :cheekkiss What a great memento of this birthday!

It hurts a bit less, getting older. :lol :wub

You are very welcome Donna, so I surprised ya :thumbup

No thanks needed, as long as it made you happy and I believe it did... :wub

Wish ya could have been at the show with me, but in spirit you were... :w00t

Sorry if it got wet from the rain... ;)

We all love ya Donna and hope everyday is like your birthday... :cheekkiss

Thank you, all you sweet people, but really I just wanted to throw some appreciation Maddie's way, because I think that was such a very cool & thoughtful thing for her to have done for me. It was the very first time she'd gotten to talk to Jeff after a show, and she spent part of that time just trying to make a friend happy. :wub Neato.

There should be more people like her in the world.....and thank you also to Jeff and Scott for the well-wishes and for going along with Maddie's little plot! :thumbup

She even mailed from Birmingham before she left...the envelope bears the Birmingham postmark. :)

Kool, you liked the postmark too... :thumbup

It was killing me that it took it's time getting to you...

but happy that it did and gave you a smile... :cheekkiss