Should I see The Who

The Who were one of the greatest live bands ever, as you know. It's really hard to tell somebody (esp. if they've never caught them) not to go. When they kick down w/ "See Me, Feel Me" or "Pinball Wizard" or what-have-you, the vibe in the room is so pure you'll swear to God that there is hope for mankind. A real testament to the power of Rock.

It may be nit-picking, but I really just wish they would call it Townshend & Daltrey or something. It's just depressing to have to milk the old cash cow over & over again. :ohwell

Sorry for the rant...

The Who were one of the greatest live bands ever, as you know. It's really hard to tell somebody (esp. if they've never caught them) not to go. When they kick down w/ "See Me, Feel Me" or "Pinball Wizard" or what-have-you, the vibe in the room is so pure you'll swear to God that there is hope for mankind. A real testament to the power of Rock.

Amen! :cheers

It may be nit-picking, but I really just wish they would call it Townshend & Daltrey or something. It's just depressing to have to milk the old cash cow over & over again. :ohwell

It's not like they kicked Keith and Entwhistle out of the band. The Who is still the Who, although it might be funny (but maybe a little sad) if they called it Who's Left.

The Who is still the Who, although it might be funny (but maybe a little sad) if they called it Who's Left.

Pete's taken to calling them "The Two."

I paid a lot of money to see the band in November and I don't regret it. I've always been a huge fan and have seen them probably 20+ times and I've never been let down. Daltrey's voice isn't what it used to be, but the fire's still in his belly and Townshend has aged like fine wine. You won't get a Leeds-era performance, but they're still more powerful than most bands half their age.

i saw them a few years ago in Dallas and it was pretty good. Daltrey can't hit the high notes, but his voice overall is still good. And Townsend hasn't lost anything on the guitar.... it gave me goosebumps hearing some of the old classics played live. they'll be here in OKC next month, too - i'll buy a ticket for sure... you need to go! i mean c'mon, who plays in Little Rock anyway? to get The Who is a big deal....