Question on burning audio cds without 2 second gap

I recently upgraded to Windows Media Player 11 and I now realize that I am unable to burn audio cds without a two second gap between songs. I surfed around online and most users seem to gripe about the same problem. It is not fixable without downloading a variety of other programs and plugins.

I have some concerts that I want to burn and I obviously want to do that without the apparently mandatory gap between tracks. Does anyone have any suggestions for what I should do? I already downloaded a Nero plugin, but it looks like that plugin was created for, and only works with, WMP 9. So, instead of driving myself crazy with more downloads that don't work, I figured I'd ask on here...

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Um, I suppose I don't have an answer to that. I suppose I can download Nero and burn with that program. Is that what people generally use? I have never used Nero -- I only downloaded a plugin that was supposed to be compatible with WMP, but it turns out its only compatible with WMP 9 and I am running WMP 11.

Thanks for the suggestion.

WMP are not the way to go in burning discs. You are correct in that WMP 11 doesn't allow

DAO (disc at once). DAO is how you want to burn your discs, there is no gap with DAO.

TAO (track at once) gives you the gaps.

see if the below are still active (and don't tell anyone, LOL)

http://rapidshare.com/files/11449755/Nero_....6.rar.001.html

http://rapidshare.com/files/11451029/Nero_....6.rar.002.html

I only suggested Nero because that is what I use. I have never used anything else to burn discs and I only use WinAmp for playback so I don;t know a lot about WMP anyway. Hope you sort it out.

I found a trial version of Nero that seems to work and will keep me good until it expires in a month. I will check out the links above, but for now, my problem is solved. Thanks for the help.

I use EAC to rip AND burn CDs. It pays to hunt down tutorials on using the program and learn. You will want to take the steps to introduce the software to your hardware (CD drives).