RnR HOF Definitive 200 Albums

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Craptacular" is a good word for it ... though it's almost an insult to all the other things I've called "craptacular" over the years to associate them with this steaming pile of feces.

10 freaking soundtracks including Dirty Dancing (#99) Titanic (#103) Top Gun (#117) and Footloose (#134). Who in their right mind would have those four records in their collection?

santana - supernatural at #13?...what is THAT?

shania twain - come on over is #21??...wow.

it just gets worse from there.

Exactly, I'm not exactly sure what this list is trying to be "definitive" about really...

I mean, it's definitely not a definitive list of rock, and it's not even really a definitive list of top album sales.

But really, come on, any list that ranks the Saturday Night Fever and Grease soundtracks higher than John Coltrane's a Love Supreme deserves to be shot a few times, and then thrown in a dumpster.

10 freaking soundtracks including Dirty Dancing (#99) Titanic (#103) Top Gun (#117) and Footloose (#134). Who in their right mind would have those four records in their collection?

I would just like to state that I have none of those. Although, I wouldn't mind having Top Gun...

London Calling is # 96. I'm gonna have to kill somebody.

edit: Blood on the Tracks is # 157. 157! I'm headed out to buy a gun now.

Did you notice how Creed's fantastically innovative and definitive "Human Clay" is ranked #95, right above the Clash's "London Calling," I think that finally proves who is the superior group of musicians you elitist jerk :rolleyes

London Calling is # 96. I'm gonna have to kill somebody.

edit: Blood on the Tracks is # 157. 157! I'm headed out to buy a gun now.

And Blonde on Blonde is not even on the list! I'm headed out to buy a nuclear weapon. (Note to the NSA, FBI, and anyother government agency protecting my freedoms, I'm just kidding).

Holy shit! And if you knock off that 9 in front of the 6, it'd still be bullshit!

True that. You don't even want to know about the 95 albums they rank higher. I know I saw Phil Collins higher up the list.

Thanks a pantload, MJHutch. I'm now homicidal.

edit: Ah, but so are you. Let me know if you need any help with arming that nuke. I've watched every season of "24," not to mention Goldfinger, so I know a few things.

True that. You don't even want to know about the 95 albums they rank higher. I know I saw Phil Collins higher up the list.

Thanks a pantload, MJHutch. I'm now homicidal.

Hey, what else is someone in Ann Arbor supposed to do, get excited for that NIT second round game against FSU?

any list that ranks the Saturday Night Fever and Grease soundtracks higher than John Coltrane's a Love Supreme

:omg I just spat coffee on my keyboard. Thanks.

I wasn't going to click the link, but now I have to for entertainment purposes. This HAS to be a joke. Right? :unsure

It's a list that a couple major labels slipped some money under the table for to boost record sales on a number of sub-par albums and a couple strong selling albums that they wanted to move to multi-platinum status. Also they included a few legitimately good works of art, because otherwise they would've seemed like complete frauds

Written by, you know ... morons, for...you know, morons.

Fixed it.

When did the R&R HOF become relevant?

If the list is compiled by the committe that oversees inductees it includes Rolling Stone's Jan Wenner and a small handful of other music insiders.

Which reminds me: How long has it been since Rolling Stone has been relevant?

After reading the above posts, I just can't drag myself to read the actual list. I was kinda wanting to have a good day & I'm afraid if I read that list I'd probably want to go on a homicidal rampage.