Conversion Rates

I was just poking around the Wilco site and decided to convert the $82.50 Australian ticket fee into American dollars

82.50 AUD = 65.6387 USD

I mean, I'd sure as hell pay that, but doesn't that seem a bit much?

Am I wrong here? Are there just lots of costs incurred for flying Wilco & gear to the land down under?

Wow, that's definitely a pricey ticket for little ol' Wilco. :omg

Seems a bit on the high end to me. How are ticket retailers there about adding on extra fees? Is that a final price or a base price that will get added on to?

I just bought a ticket for the Hold Steady here on Saturday night--a $15 ticket--and TM online wanted to add an additional $10 of fees, nearly doubling the price--which is remarkable considering I'd be printing my own ticket and parking is not included. Cod bless capitalism. :rolleyes

a lot more expensive than last time (from memory it was about $50).. the actual venue they're playing at seems to like charging high prices. however, when i considered i payed AUS$92 to see john fogerty at the same venue last year, it is a bit pricey

speaking of adding extras on, i picked up the first melbourne show tickets in person at the venue with cash and they cost 82.50

for the 2nd show, i booked them over the phone by credit card and they cost $90.... looks like ticket retailers are adding 10%

speaking of adding extras on, i picked up the first melbourne show tickets in person at the venue with cash and they cost 82.50

for the 2nd show, i booked them over the phone by credit card and they cost $90.... looks like ticket retailers are adding 10%

It's working out at about

I payed almost over that to see Wilco in Toronto once I converted to Canadian dollars.

Criiiiiipes. When was this? The last time I saw the band in TO was '04, and I think the ticket was $35 (before Ticketbastard's usual gouge fees, that is).