A Mom Can Brag, Right?

I find myself wondering if they sent it to the wrong guy. :lol

:nono :cheekkiss

I sent him an email back discussing my fears of not being able to do it this coming quarter (since I just got done giving away all my remaining time to my new job), and he told me to just come in and we'll discuss things. So cool.

Very cool! Sounds like he'll be a great guy to work with.

I wanted to thank you all for being so complimentary and supportive. :cheekkiss It's meant a lot to Tom that you have celebrated with him. Don't let him give his tired old Ma too much credit....this was due to his own hard work. Mom was usually the one in the background saying, "Hey Tom, could you take a break from studying and hang up this laundry/put away the dry dishes/turn on the sprinkler on the front lawn/tell your sister that if she doesn't stop jumping on the couch and singing at the top of her lungs while holding the poor cat in a death grip, I'm going to wring her neck?"

Which is to say, Tom's academic success truly amazes me. He has been both a very helpful if grumbling darkly at times son, as well as a determined and dedicated student. :worship :wub :D

He met with the professor the other day & they really hit it off. Tom hadn't known him well from class, since it was a class of 400. But Tom was immediately comfortable when he met the guy in his office. The prof made things easy by being totally willing to let Tom work whatever hours he was able to in this (Spring) quarter, and expand his research hours in Fall when hopefully he will have a lighter courseload & fewer work hours. He was very encouraging and flexible. Best of all, Tom found out that he will be able to get credits for his research time!

Again, thanks for being a wonderful and supportive buncha knuckleheads. :cheekkiss I never knew a better bunch. :hug :banana :spider :wub

Mom was usually the one in the background saying, "Hey Tom, tell your sister that if she doesn't stop jumping on the couch and singing at the top of her lungs while holding the poor cat in a death grip, I'm going to wring her neck?"

:rotfl :rotfl

willing to let Tom work whatever hours he was able to in this (Spring) quarter, and expand his research hours in Fall when hopefully he will have a lighter courseload & fewer work hours. He was very encouraging and flexible. Best of all, Tom found out that he will be able to get credits for his research time!

WOO!