Happy birthday weekend, my friend.

I hope all of your LPs are cherry, that you limbo the bar, and that you never ever have to 'wait on Waits'.

I have a feeling this is going to be a spectacular year for you. :cheekkiss

Happy Birthday Leo! Hope it's a good one! I'm marching the kids off to the mountains today in your honor!

Take care brother,

Johnny

Wow! Thanks everyone.

Chris, amazing that you already know me so well. Those would all be great gifts. YOU are cherry.

Johnny, would love to do those mountains with you some day. Thanks.

Lou, how many Leos do you know? Definitely will see you here or in Chicago or, better yet, both.

Viatroy, is there any other way to be undressed!? Thanks.

Tom, thanks, lets do some shows and a Chisox/Tiger game.

To the others I haven't yet met, thank you.

Wishing the very happiest of birthdays to the lovely Leo! :cheekkiss

Here, I've been slaving in the kitchen all day over this cake for you. Enjoy!Leo

It's almost as sweet as you are, Leo. :thumbup (I nibbled a bit from the back....I knew you wouldn't mind.)

Wow! Thanks everyone.

Chris, amazing that you already know me so well. Those would all be great gifts. YOU are cherry.

Johnny, would love to do those mountains with you some day. Thanks.

Lou, how many Leos do you know? Definitely will see you here or in Chicago or, better yet, both.

Viatroy, is there any other way to be undressed!? Thanks.

Tom, thanks, lets do some shows and a Chisox/Tiger game.

To the others I haven't yet met, thank you.

Happy late birthday!

It occured to me today that you probably cut your musical teeth as a yout listening to CKLW just like Lou and I did. That might explain alot. :banana

I hope you had a wonderful day!

It occured to me today that you probably cut your musical teeth as a yout listening to CKLW just like Lou and I did. That might explain alot. :banana

I hope you had a wonderful day!

cklwcolor.gif

YES!

I remeber listening on a gray and silver Magnavox clock radio -- before digital readouts!

Then graduated to WABX and W4.

Had a great weekend. Thanks, Chris. How was Morelling? Heading to the Tiger opener today with Lee. Nice sunny day for baseball.

And thank you Donna. Your creation made my mouth water.

Earl (Chris), thanks for the wishes and Go Marlins!

We used to listen to CKLW as teenagers in the summers up at the lake in the far northeast corner of Indiana. That would have been around 1969-1974. But I don't remember listening to it in Fort Wayne. :)

It occured to me today that you probably cut your musical teeth as a yout listening to CKLW just like Lou and I did. That might explain alot.
I did listen to alot of CKLW both in Cleveland (though KYW and WKYC were my mainstays among some AM stations) and also when i went to school in NW Ohio. They played so much Motown I got tired of it though.

We used to listen to CKLW as teenagers in the summers up at the lake in the far northeast corner of Indiana. That would have been around 1969-1974. But I don't remember listening to it in Fort Wayne. :)
It was a 50,000 watt station and blasted most of the midwest as I recall. Played way too many ads.....Elias Brothers Big Boy and such.

LouieB

Y'all are my homies!

I never grew tired of Motown.

My favorite CKLW story was told by our across the road neighbors (50 yards away) being woken up in the summer by my dad's radio alarm playing CKLW at 5:30 in the morning. 4:30 if he was going fishing (or mushroom hunting).

Heading to the Tiger opener today with Lee. Nice sunny day for baseball.

Sorry your team lost, but I'm pretty sure you and Lee had an awesome time anyway.

How was Morelling?

It was wonderful.

IMG_2076.jpg

As children we spoke to our father in hushed tones about the morelling in Michigan, which around our house was legend.

It was wonderful.

IMG_2076.jpg

As children we spoke to our father in hushed tones about the morelling in Michigan, which around our house was legend.

Yuummmmmm! Beautiful shot.