can someone please post the best (sound quality/performance) of the original Spiders?

Wait what was the band they referenced when they said they disliked this version. Was it that they though it sounded too much like U2?

Yeah they thought it sounded like cheesy arena rock U2. I don't hear it at all...

Jeff slagged it as a "Coldplay song" in an interview at least once, but that's bullshit, says I. This version is ten times better than the motorik one that "graced" AGIB.

http://download.yousendit.com/4674542047365095

I prefer the early 2002 versions of the song with the drum intro rather than the guitar intro, but I can't seem to find any handy MP3s of those. Dangit. This version from 09-04-2003 is absolutely spectacular, however. Jeff's skronky guitar throughout is just beautiful. I don't think they ever played this arrangement more than once, but I could be wrong.

Jeff slagged it as a "Coldplay song" in an interview at least once, but that's bullshit, says I. This version is ten times better than the motorik one that "graced" AGIB.

This version from 09-04-2003 is absolutely spectacular, however. Jeff's skronky guitar throughout is just beautiful. I don't think they ever played this arrangement more than once, but I could be wrong.

It is awesome thankyou. The drumbeat is pretty freakin motorik. I like all these versions, but its easy for me to see how they arrived at AGIB version, it sounds alot braver to me. On this 2003 version you hear him pushing the guitar into the territory it eventually arrived at for the album.