9. Keith Moon drove a car into a Holiday Inn pool on his 21st birthday, knocked out a couple of teeth and got the Who banned for life from all Holiday Inns.

Parts of this statement are true.

This list proves how nostalgic and out of place RS is nowadays. Instead going out, looking for, and writing about good bands, they only write about what is popular/mainstream nowadays (which is mostly shit) or what was. Please RS bring back Lester Bangs from the dead or at least Greil Marcus.

This list proves how nostalgic and out of place RS is nowadays. Instead going out, looking for, and writing about good bands, they only write about what is popular/mainstream nowadays (which is mostly shit) or what was. Please RS bring back Lester Bangs from the dead or at least Greil Marcus.

I don't know - I read an issue at the laundromat last weekend - and it had various bands in it that I see mentioned on here.

Which reminds me -

Dear Panic At The Drive-In:

Go online and look-up Adam and The Ants, The New Romantic Movement, and Johnny Kidd & The Pirates.

I thought so. Can you clarify for me please? Also has anyone else heard about the Keith Moon movie starring Mike Myers. I am very intrigued.

I think it is being made - sadly enough.

There are various versions of those stories - best thing to do is to read Dear Boy: The Life of Keith Moon by Tony Fletcher.

6. Members of Led Zeppelin pleased a teenage groupie using a red snapper/shark as their sex toy of choice

Also - this is somewhat true - Robert and John were in the room - it was Vanilla Fudge who did the fishing and filming.

I think it is being made - sadly enough.

There are various versions of those stories - best thing to do is to read Dear Boy: The Life of Keith Moon by Tony Fletcher.

Also - this is somewhat true - Robert and John were in the room - it was Vanilla Fudge who did the fishing and filming.

..Or "Full Moon", by Peter 'Dougal' Butler, Kieth's personal assistant for 10 years. I dunno if it's out of print or not, but there's enough mad stories in that to last a lifetime. :thumbup

Zappa's " Mudshark" refers to the LZ/ Fudge 'incident'. :shifty

..Or "Full Moon", by Peter 'Dougal' Butler, Kieth's personal assistant for 10 years. I dunno if it's out of print or not, but there's enough mad stories in that to last a lifetime. :thumbup

Zappa's " Mudshark" refers to the LZ/ Fudge 'incident'. :shifty

I have that book - a history teacher in HS bought it and gave it to me.

It's mainly fun and games though - the Fletcher book is something like 400 pages, and is not all about fun and games.

I have that book - a history teacher in HS bought it and gave it to me.

It's mainly fun and games though - the Fletcher book is something like 400 pages, and is not all about fun and games.

Your history teacher gave that to you? That's cool! He'd probably get dismissed for being so kind today. :ohwell

Kinda reminds me of the Scully book on the Dead...not really factual but just hilarious.

I guess I'd should get the Fletcher book, a friend has that & he sez it's really good.

Your history teacher gave that to you? That's cool! He'd probably get dismissed for being so kind today. :ohwell

Kinda reminds me of the Scully book on the Dead...not really factual but just hilarious.

I guess I'd should get the Fletcher book, a friend has that & he sez it's really good.

He was a cool dude - he was the adviser and founder of the Beatles club we had. It was the club all the misguided youts joined, of course. He liked me because I was into "old music", history, and I didn't cause trouble in class. I used to be called Moon back then - as I was into The Who so much.

He was a history teacher -

He was a cool dude - he was the adviser and founder of the Beatles club we had. It was the club all the misguided youts joined, of course. He liked me because I was into "old music", history, and I didn't cause trouble in class. I used to be called Moon back then - as I was into The Who so much.

Nice. I have a paperback copy of that & on the back cover is Keith w/ a Basset Hound pup, looking very pissed up. It really looks alot like me about 20 years ago. :lol

Not that it has anything to do with it but I've had Bassets myself forever.

Rock history (esp. from '64 - '84 or so) is just about my favorite thing to b.s. about.

Probably as factual as possible as seen through Rock's eyes, though, eh? That's the thing with the tell-all books.... You read a few covering roughly the same material and you'll get a different (or at least slightly varied) version each time. Phil's take is different from Rock's take is different from Parrish's take is different from Hank Harrison's (gawd) take, etc.

Like the Steadman book. I'm wondering how much of that HST would have corroborated as the "real" take, right?

8. Deborah Harry was once abducted by serial killer Ted Bundy.

I thought she told that story. Actually, I think her version had something to do with Ted Bundy offering her a ride when she was heading home from a club, but she suddenly got creeped out and jumped out of the car. Or something.

Nice. I have a paperback copy of that & on the back cover is Keith w/ a Basset Hound pup, looking very pissed up. It really looks alot like me about 20 years ago. :lol

Not that it has anything to do with it but I've had Bassets myself forever.

Rock history (esp. from '64 - '84 or so) is just about my favorite thing to b.s. about.

That is the one I have - published in 1981 - first paperback edition.

I go 64- thru maybe 75.

Probably as factual as possible as seen through Rock's eyes, though, eh? That's the thing with the tell-all books.... You read a few covering roughly the same material and you'll get a different (or at least slightly varied) version each time. Phil's take is different from Rock's take is different from Parrish's take is different from Hank Harrison's (gawd) take, etc.

Like the Steadman book. I'm wondering how much of that HST would have corroborated as the "real" take, right?

If you're a freak for this stuff you gotta read all the versions you can, I guess. Make your own conclusions.

And Neil Young thought Charles Manson had talent. Didn't he try to help him get a record contract or something?

(Not the greatest judge of character, that guy. Maybe that explains why he was a Reagan supporter in the 80s.)