The Beach Boys did one of his songs - Cease To Exist (Never Learn Not To Love).

There's a book out there called, ermmm, "My Life With Charles Manson" by Paul Watkins that talks about this...pretty innaresting in a tabloid kind of way. :rolleyes The things those people allegedly did to Dennis to blow his mind!

And Neil Young thought Charles Manson had talent. Didn't he try to help him get a record contract or something?

(Not the greatest judge of character, that guy. Maybe that explains why he was a Reagan supporter in the 80s.)

Manson went to Young about helping him get signed. B)

But Stephen Stills actually did.

And got rejected because his teeth were crooked, in favour of Peter Tork, who was a pretty good guitarist in his own right. Just imagine how rock history might have been different if Steven Stills had better teeth: Crosby, Tork, Nash and Young.

I'm surprised this wasn't mentioned in that list:

00042284834728_800x800.jpg

Do tell, Sir P....I have no idea.

I have a Spin magazine at home (one of their first anniversary issues) and it lists this sort of thing. Is that the one where the dude pointed a gun at the singer until he got the vocal right - or that you can hear a the sound of someone getting shot in the background on one of the songs?

The cover of the album ("Honey" by the Ohio Players) depicts a nude model kneeling atop what appears to be a sheet of glass, dripping honey all over herself from a ladle suspended above her head. The original UL was that the glass was actually Fiberglas (or some other synthetic), which reacted chemically with the honey, bonding her skin, like Superglue, to the Fiberglas. Freeing her ripped the skin off her legs, and her career as a model was ruined. Sooooo... she just happens to burst in to the recording studio while the Ohio Players are recording "Rollercoaster," and starts threatening to sue the band for everything they're worth. The band's manager stabs her to death right there in the control booth, and that's the scream you hear in the song.

http://www.snopes.com/music/hidden/roller.htm

:omg Jesus, that's a crazy story! Perhaps the reason it's not on the list....the Ohio Players weren't a Rock band? It should be on there though.
It's those puppy dog eyes.

Back in the day when Manson was on TV alot, and in subsequent years when he would come up for parole and be on TV, my mom would yell sarcastically, "Charlie is on TV! Don't look at him kids! Don't look into his eyes!" :lol

In an early promotional interview [34] Eddie Vedder claimed that the name "Pearl Jam" was a reference to his great-grandmother Pearl, who was married to a Native American man and had a special recipe for peyote-laced jam. This story seems to have been invented by Vedder as a joke. Another theory put forward in Kim Neely's band history Five Against One[35] holds that one of the band members really wanted "pearl" in the new name, and jamming is a common activity done by musicians. In a Rolling Stone cover story,[28] Ament and McCready admitted that Ament came up with "Pearl." "Jam" was added after the band members saw Neil Young live:

Legend has it that Vedder wrote the lyrics to the songs in one burst, while surfing. That particular story, he tells me in his Chicago hotel room, is "100% true." But he concedes that another oft-told tale is less accurate: that the name Pearl Jam came from Vedder's great-grandmother Pearl, who, he used to claim, was married to an American Indian and was in the habit of making preserves spiked with various hallucinogenics.
His great-grandma really was named Pearl. The rest is, indeed, "total bullshit."
Told of Vedder's admission, Ament and McCready seem relieved. They cough up the true