the free cd with The Wilco Book

My wife bought me The Wilco Book not long ago, and I just got 'round to (try to) listen to the cd that came with it. I tried pushing the button of the clip holding the cd, I tried easing it out slowly, but it's snapped!

I've emailed nonsuch and the publishers, but haven't heard anything back yet. I know I could download the music, but considering how expensive it was, it would be nice to have the real thing....

... any ideas? :ohwell

You're definitely not the first person this has happened to. If I recall correctly, Wilcoworld had even posted "CD removal" instructions at one point.

Yeah I bought a copy a few days ago, and I was afraid I'd snap it when I took it out. I don't understand why they'd have this same problem considering copies bought today probably aren't the first pressings.

thanks everyone for the advice, and for re-assuring me that I'm not a complete klutz.. or maybe we all are?!?!

as I said, I've written to nonsuch and the publishers, so I'll wait a few days or so and then follow up some of the other ideas you've given..

thanks ;)