being there/ghost is born demos

As far as I know, none have ever surfaced for AGIB, and Being There was mostly created on the fly, with few demos even existing in the first place.

the closest thing to Ghost demos, would probably be the Wilcobook CD. and for Being There, they kept recording over the same tape until they got something they liked. so there wasn't really anything left over that could be considered a demo.

There is something I believe called Dpm or something like that. It is weirder than the Wilco book CD and was consider important as to what became "A Ghost Is Born."

But it has not circulated, I have just read about it.

You see - we would rather make sarcastic comments.

Well - one could simply post a link to the FAQ thread in threads that are started over and over again - and simply lock the thread.

So when someone says, "Could you tell me where the loft is and send me a 32 kb/s mp3 rip of the next Wilco album?" - they could be directed to the FAQ.

You see - we would rather make sarcastic comments.

Well - one could simply post a link to the FAQ thread in threads that are started over and over again - and simply lock the thread.

So when someone says, "Could you tell me where the loft is and send me a 32 kb/s mp3 rip of the next Wilco album?" - they could be directed to the FAQ.

sarcastic comments are always the best and keep us on our toes.

let's pull some stuff together via PMs and go from there. i'd rather work on wilco FAQs than work work that I'm supposed to be doing.

I don't see the harm in discussing a topic more than once on a forum designed for discussion.

If I'm not interested (like the multiple threads about Bright Eyes, or questions about what to do in Chicago), I don't read them. Unless I'm really bored.

I don't see the harm in discussing a topic more than once on a forum designed for discussion.

While I agree (and my own sarcastic post notwithstanding), I think this sort of question is actually the perfect thing for such a FAQ. What's to discuss? There aren't demos for Being There and nothing from AGIB, unless you count the Wilco book CD, has surfaced.

I don't know what the discussion would be like. Maybe someone who has demos that no one thought existed might make their first post after seeing the 59th thread on the topic. Or maybe not.

I guess I don't see what the big deal is about someone asking a question on a message board. If the question bothers you, don't answer it and ignore the thread.

Fair enough. I also don't see what the problem is with having a FAQ as a resource for people who would like to ask questions that have already been answered. Nothing wrong with someone posting a thread, and if someone has anything new to add, great, but the FAQs can be there as a supplement.

I have no problem with a FAQ either, since I plan to never read it and only be vaguely aware of its existence.

If I'm not interested (like the multiple threads about Bright Eyes, or questions about what to do in Chicago), I don't read them. Unless I'm really bored.

Will you do my taxes?

Not to sound like the start of Restless & Wild - but most message board and fan driven websites have a FAQs.

It would be helpful to those who come here looking for WILCO information -

People also need to learn how to use the SEARCH function -