The Pines 6/24

Well, I can tell you right now I'll be wearing my red Wilco shirt...I could find a hat and paint "VC" on it... ;)

maybe all us VC could just wear black pajamas. :ninja

Damn, I wish I was going to this show. Maybe JAM'N 94.5 is giving away tix.

Actually Kiss 108 is.

Mimmo's in Noho would be a chill spot to get some eats beforehand. Giant slices of pizza for $2.50 that require 2 paper plates to hold. I know that's where I'll be getting food before I head up to Look Park.

This is from a thread I started earlier today...didn't see this one....

"If any of you kind folks could offer advice/recommendations about the Pines Theater scene (particularly what to do pre and even post show) it would me much appreciated.

Do they allow tail-gating in the parking lot?

Are there any cool places nearby to eat/drink?

We're staying at the Quality Inn Hadley so we'll be driving in from there that afternoon.

Thanks "

does anybody have any pictures from last year? I'm trying to show my friends what to expect.

I was up front and didn't take any shots of the crowd, but it's a sweet, small outdoor ampitheater, a sloping lawn surrounded by

trees. My guess was it held maybe 3000. A beauty spot.

192025758_ec5648d9ec.jpg

192025752_9f44ca9d3d.jpg

192025756_40b2223918.jpg

Look Park is a big picnic ground, with playing fields, a playground/waterpark, snack bar (near the venue) and a kiddy train. Tailgating by all means.

Im fairly sure there was alot of VC action upfront, including a secret VT contingent, but how would we know?

I was the one actively engaged in heatstroke, sweating to death -- Im hoping for the rearrival of my health (by way of cooler weather) at this one. Actually I think the sight of Jeff all hirsute and jacketed contributed to the failure of my internal thermostat.

Im fairly sure there was alot of VC action upfront, including a secret VT contingent, but how would we know?

I was the one actively engaged in heatstroke, sweating to death -- Im hoping for the rearrival of my health (by way of cooler weather) at this one. Actually I think the sight of Jeff all hirsute and jacketed contributed to the failure of my internal thermostat.

I'm so glad it's looking like it's only going to be in the 70s on Sunday. I'm going to be seeing Bob Dylan at the Pines on Tuesday, and it's supposed to be 93. Ugh. I'll probably be in the back near the soundboard like I was last year. Usually that would be a lousy spot, but the Pines is so small that there's not a bad spot anywhere. We're closer to the beer line that way, and since my friend's friends are bringing their kids (they're 8 and 11 and have seen Wilco more times than I have!) they'll have some room to play.

I'm starting to get excited. Last year's show was so good that I have high expectations. I really hope they decide to play "Either Way," even though they haven't for the last few shows.

I'm uploading last year's show and will post the link when it's done. It's still got an hour to go, though.

okay, that's just cruel.

I just told somebody 2 minutes ago on the phone that I wasn't listening to the band until the show... and then I click on this thread.

:worship

weekend has started. and my excitement level continues to rise.

okay, that's just cruel.

I just told somebody 2 minutes ago on the phone that I wasn't listening to the band until the show... and then I click on this thread.

:worship

weekend has started. and my excitement level continues to rise.

I'm pumped. :dancing

I hope the weather holds out.

I'm out of here in an hour. My friends and I are gonna take the scenic route and chill in town for a bit before standing in line :thumbup

Can't wait to meet any of you and of course, Atticus :cheers

I'm SOOO super psyched!!! :dancing

well, this show was amazing. For those of you wondering, I was the guy shouting the song titles...you know, the one Jeff professed is love to haha.

I can't wait to get a bootleg of this!